Accounting Manager(Controller )
- $75,000 to $110,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Leads and manages accounting staff and activities to ensure accurate and timely account information and financial statements. Prepares financial statements and management reports. Produces profit and loss statements, balance sheets and financial prospectuses. Develops cash flow projections. Analyzes company financials and provides senior management with relevant financial data necessary for budgetary and financial decisions. Arranges for long and short-term financing and coordinates capital requests. Oversees reporting required by regulatory agencies. Maintains internal accounting controls, policies and procedures. Oversees organizational long-term investments.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages accounting staff by assigning work, checking quality of work, answering questions, handling personnel issues, and monitoring work flow to ensure accurate and timely completion of account information and financial statements.
- Prepares and/or reviews financial statements and management reports. Prepares other financial and accounting statements including profit and loss statements, balance sheets and financial prospectuses. Files compliance reports with appropriate agencies.
- Monitors company cash flow situation by developing and updating cash flow projections.
- Maintains internal accounting controls, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting practices.
- Processes capital requests.
- Review tax returns prepared by external accounting firms.
- May negotiate purchases of major equipment and supplies and arrange necessary financing.
- May research, analyze, and make recommendations for investment options to general manager and board of directors as requested.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of telco accounting practices.
- Knowledge of state and federal financial reporting laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of financial analysis, reporting, and investment practices.
- Knowledge of auditing, cash management and budgeting.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of company products and services.
- Skill in operating office equipment.
- Skill in reading and interpreting statistical and financial data.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to communicate with customers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
- Ability to think creatively and analytically, and make suggestions for improvement.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Ability to effectively present financial information and respond to questions from board of directors, owners, members, etc.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to create a team environment and sustain employee morale.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field plus
- Five to seven years of accounting experience with at least three years in a supervisory capacity.
- Certified Public Accountant’s license is preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Onsite Monday-Friday 8 to 5.
It is the mission of FMTC to provide dependable, viable, and affordable communication services: to pursue new ideas, new services and educate its customers as to all services provided by the company: and, to establish new markets in an innovative manner that will benefit the company and its customers.
Farmers Mutual Telephone CompanyFruitland, ID
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.