We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Agile Dev Team Members have collective responsibility for the design, development, testing and/or deployment of system functionality. Provides guidance, mentorship and training to a direct reporting staff of Agile Dev team members. Agile Dev Team Member V with primarily a development discipline provides technical feasibility using a range of coding methods and adheres to coding standards to ensure consistent style and format. Independently ensure systems are architecturally sound, high in code and component quality, and are easily modified to support future requirements with support and little to no guidance of more senior developers or architects. Agile Dev Team Member V with primarily a testing discipline ensures the end product meets the business acceptance criteria and non-functional requirements. Define and execute tests early, often, and at multiple levels depending on their level of experience. Based on their business products, processes and system knowledge, provide broad and deep level of thinking for exceptions and other unexpected ways users may interact with systems. Utilizes advanced testing techniques and tools.
Essential Job Functions
* Demonstrates customer needs by interpreting into viable solutions and lead the system design.
* Effectively breaks down features and write and refine user stories, including clear and accurate acceptance criteria.
* Executes Test-Driven (TDD) and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) to build in quality.
* Performs broad and detailed impact assessments relating people, processes and/or technology to evaluate work.
* Supports implementation activities, troubleshoot user/system environmental issues and training.
* Supports business in building a Lean Business case and breaking epics into features.
* Identifies and raises issues and risks with functional design and offer alternative solutions.
* Works with the Product Owner to confirm that the code and acceptance tests reflect the desired functionality.
Agile Dev Team Member V with primarily a development discipline:
* Codes instructions for computer programs/objects/components in multiple applications; configures packaged software.
* Provides high level of expertise in the solution design and functionality of business applications.
* Reviews and validates application technical design of team members to ensure alignment with business needs and best practice architecture principles.
* Responsible for the conceptual design/architecture of business applications and monitors and mentors lower level colleagues to ensure accuracy of program logic and efficient use of computer and storage resources.
* Conducts system studies, analyzes existing computerized and manual processes to improve efficiency.
* Researches and develops techniques for automation.
* Documents and implements programs according to installation standards and conventions.
* Analyzes and makes recommendations on the need for system backup, security, restart/recovery, balancing controls and recommends approaches for meeting such needs.
* Analyzes and documents the requirements and approaches to data conversion and data modeling.
* Quality checks program code, related objects and documentation. Delivers working code each sprint.
Agile Dev Team Member V with primarily a testing discipline:
* Analyzes system and business requirement for testability by utilizing advanced testing tools.
* Develops, documents, executes and maintains test cases and test data.
* Identifies complex errors that occur in application testing and analyzing results to trouble shoot and execute root cause analysis.
* Reports the status of the test plan execution through defect logs and defect tracking system.
* Conducts audits to ensure test planning and execution adheres to standards and guidelines.
* Defines advanced test plans needed to achieve appropriate level of coverage.
* Writes test cases describing business behavior to facilitate automation and train others.
* Contributes to the overall test strategy.
* Develops and documents application quality and testing standards and best practices and measuring techniques.
* Mentors junior team members in test planning and execution tools and techniques.
Sits or stands for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift. Occasionally reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Occasionally moves, lifts, carries, and places objects and supplies weighing 0-10 pounds without assistance. Listens to, interprets, and differentiates auditory information (e.g. others speaking) at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Visually verifies and reads information. Visually locates material, resources and other objects. Ability to operate a computer for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift. Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate keyboard and other office equipment up to a full work shift.
Physical Environment: This position operates in an open office working environment which will include normal and customary distractions, noise, and interruptions.
Education Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred. SAFe Practitioner or SAFe Agilist Certification and SAFe DevOps Certification within 180 days of hire required.
Experience Requirements: Minimum 1 year as a Agile Dev Team Member IV or 9 years in a relate field required.
Special Skill Requirement
* Knowledge of Personal Lines Insurance domain (Guidewire Policy Center applications as per product requirements).
* Knowledge and demonstrated ability with Java or GOSU programming.
* Knowledge of J2EE, Application Servers, XML/Web Services/ RDBMS.
/Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce./
Job: **Information Technology*
Organization: **Farmers Insurance*
Title: Guidewire PolicyCenter Developer V
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 2000018V
Other Locations: United States-Oklahoma-Oklahoma City, United States-Michigan-Caledonia, United States-Michigan-Grand Rapids, United States-Ohio-Independence