We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check outfarmers.com/careersand be sure to follow us onInstagramandLinkedIn!
Agile Dev Team Members have collective responsibility for the design, development, testing and/or deployment of system functionality. Agile Dev Team Member I with primarily a development discipline provides technical feasibility using basic coding methods and adheres to coding standards to ensure consistent style and format. Ensures systems are high in code and component quality, and are easily modified to support future requirements with frequent support and guidance of more senior developers or architects. Agile Dev Team Member I with primarily a testing discipline ensures the end product meets the business acceptance criteria and non-functional requirements. Define and execute tests early, often, and at multiple levels. Based on business products, processes and system knowledge, provides basic level of thinking for exceptions and other unexpected ways users may interact with systems utilizing simple testing techniques and tools. The Agile Dev Team Member I will rarely work on more than one type of task and limited in to consistently pull the next highest priority work item.
Essential Job Functions
Demonstrates understanding to customer needs by interpreting basic process or system solutions and providing input into system design.
Effectively writes and refines user stories, including clear and accurate acceptance criteria.
Performs basic impact assessment relating people, processes and/or technology, and estimates user stories using relative sizing of story points.
Partners with the Product Owner to confirm code and acceptance tests reflect the desired functionality.
Demonstrates understanding of Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) to build in quality.
Agile Dev Team Member I with primarily a development discipline:
* Demonstrates entry level developer skills with basic ability to code instructions for computer programs and limited ability to configure packaged software.
* Documents and implements programs according to standards and conventions with guidance from senior team members.
* Performs basic quality checks of program code, related objects and documentation. Delivers working code each sprint.
Agile Dev Team Member I with primarily a testing discipline:
* Analyzes system and business requirements for testability.
* Identifies common errors that occur in standard application testing.
* Develops, documents, executes, and maintains test cases and test data.
* Reports status of test plan execution through defect logs and defect tracking system.
* Defines basic test plans needed to achieve appropriate level of coverage.
* Analyzes test results and assists with trouble-shooting and root cause analysis. Utilizes basic testing tools and executes basic data creation tools.
* Demonstrates ability to read automation test results.
* Demonstrates understanding and applies concepts of Risk Based Testing.
* Demonstrates limited ability to write test cases describing business behavior to facilitate automation.
* Supports application development, implementation, and user training activities, as required.
* Participates in key ceremonies to drive execution, improve flow and ensure transparency with guidance from a senior team member.
* Plans work via the preparation for and participation in Program Increment (PI) Planning and Sprint Planning, including the development and committing to Team PI Objectives and Sprint goals.
* Demonstrates working code to Product and Business Owners and supports the Product Owner in the execution of the iteration and PI System Demos.
* Actively participates in the Sprint Retrospectives and Inspect Adapt to timely discuss opportunities for improvement and are responsible for carrying out the execution of improvement stories.
* Participates in Daily Stands-ups to assess progress toward sprint goals and raise impediments.
* Participates in on-going and scheduled Backlog Refinement sessions.
* Demonstrates ongoing desire for continuous improvement and building knowledge in area of expertise.
* Actively seeks out development opportunities to develop T-shaped skills and become a cross-functional contributor.
* Practices continuous exploration, continuous integration and continuous deployment necessary for building the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and implementing DevOps.
* Offers innovative ideas within area of focus to improve processes.
* Actively participates in Agile Dev Team Member Community of Practice (CoP).
* Can facilitate CoP sessions with guidance from leadership and/or peers.
Sits or stands for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift. Occasionally reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Occasionally moves, lifts, carries, and places objects and supplies weighing 0-10 pounds without assistance. Listens to, interprets, and differentiates auditory information (e.g. others speaking) at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Visually verifies and reads information. Visually locates material, resources and other objects. Ability to operate a computer for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift. Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate keyboard and other office equipment up to a full work shift.
Physical Environment: This position operates in an open office working environment which will include normal and customary distractions, noise, and interruptions.
Education Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred. SAFe Practitioner or SAFe Agilist Certification within 180 days of hire required.
Experience Requirements: 1 years relevant experience in related field required.
Special Skill Requirement
* Knowledge of Personal Lines Insurance domain (Guidewire Policy Center applications as per product requirements).
* Knowledge and demonstrated ability with Java or GOSU programming.
* Knowledge of J2EE, Application Servers, XML/Web Services/ RDBMS.
/Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce./
Job: **Information Technology*
Organization: **Farmers Insurance*
Title: Guidewire PolicyCenter Developer I
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 2000018U
Other Locations: United States-Oklahoma-Oklahoma City, United States-Michigan-Caledonia, United States-Michigan-Grand Rapids, United States-Ohio-Independence