We are Farmers!
We are looking for results-driven, customer service focused individuals to build a rewarding long-term career with us as a: Customer Service Representative- Claims! Starting Pay ranges from $15.62- $16.66 per hour plus 10% differential for Spanish bilingual skill.
This is a critical position, being the first point of contact and servicing our customers in need as they are filing a claim. Duties will include the following: Handling our customers' first report of claims (Auto, Homeowners, Non-Auto Liability), Taking status calls on claims. Offering services such as rentals, repair services, and fire/water restoration, and more.
This is an extremely important position as you will be working directly with our customers who may have been involved in a car accident or have had property damage to their home. Our customers expect to discuss their claim with someone who will not only handle it knowledgeably, effectively, and efficiently; but also someone who genuinely cares about them and what they are going through. One of our main goals is to make sure that our customer feels at ease at the conclusion of the call.
If this sounds like something you are interested in please take a few minutes to see our day in the life video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn-08KlEKZ0
Anticipated Start Date: July 8, 2019
Willingness to work non-traditional shifts within a 24-7 operation is required.
If you have the following:
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Customer service experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to navigate within multiple computer programs simultaneously.
- Eagerness to learn about personal lines insurance policies.
The Customer Service Associate position operates in a claims contact center assisting customers needing to file an insurance claim. Interactions with customers include initiating and explaining the claims process, providing status on existing claims, and providing other services to the customers as needed.
Essential Job Functions
- Responds to inbound telephone inquiries in a Claims Contact Center.
- Initiates auto and homeowner claims by obtaining preliminary loss information from agents, insureds and third parties.
- Provide customers with an explanation of the claim process.
- May authorize services such as road side assistance and rental cars.
- Responsible for efficient and accurate completion of customer inquiries regarding the status of existing claims.
- Ensures all customer interactions are clearly and accurately documented in the claim file.
- Maintains job knowledge through intermittent training/learning and incorporates new information into daily tasks.
Sits or stands for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift. Occasionally reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Occasionally moves, lifts, carries, and places objects and supplies weighing 0-10 pounds without assistance. Listens to, interprets, and differentiates auditory information (e.g. others speaking) at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Visually verifies and reads information. Visually locates material, resources and other objects. Ability to continuously operate a computer for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift. Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate keyboard and other office equipment up to a full work shift.
This position operates in an open office working environment which will include normal and customary distractions, noise, and interruptions.
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Customer Service Experience preferred.
Special Skill Requirement
Strong verbal communication and listening skills
Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills
Assumes personal responsibility for actions
Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Possesses strong technical aptitude including the ability to master multiple windows simultaneously.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.