Farmers Customer Service Representatives work to maximize positive customer experiences by responding to customer inquiries or complaints regarding the company's products or services. They will communicate with internal and external customers about basic underwriting guidelines, policies, and marketing initiatives to service customer accounts. Additionally, Customer Service Representatives will analyze, clarify, and resolve policy and account-related questions. The position of the Customer Service Representative offers not only the opportunity for retention but agency growth through the expansion of a household by means of cross-selling multiple lines. This action will generate greater retention within the agency as well as new business growth.
Core job duties include (but are not limited to):
· Become licensed in Property & Casualty as well as Life, Accident and Health
· Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to help the customer identify specific products and solutions
· Solicit, sell and negotiate new business policies
· Review renewal business and identify appropriate follow-up action based on degree of change
· Cross-sell/up-sell products to existing customers
· Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken
· Assist with the annual review process by contacting customers and preparing personalized customer coverage recommendations based on customers’ needs
· Perform risk analysis and underwriting
· Client/Claims liaison
· Refer unresolved customer grievances or complex customer interactions to senior team member
· Implement/adhere to company and Agency guidelines
· General customer service duties as presented
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Business Results: Able to meet individual performance metrics and goals
· Multi-tasking: Able to successfully juggle multiple priorities at any given time
· Attention to Detail: Maintain accurate and descriptive accounts of all customer interactions (eCMS)
· Communication: Possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills
· Job Knowledge: Understand basic product, billing, underwriting, and processing guidelines
· Teamwork: Accept feedback when offered and work well with others
· Problem solving: Able to research and identify timely solutions to customer-related problems.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.