We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
This is an exciting time to join the Data Team in the Farmers CDO (Chief Data Officer) Organization, where we work on high-profile and high-impact cross-functional projects that are very rewarding. The ideal candidate will support the Agency Commission Calculation & Reporting Team in the areas of solution design and ongoing support.
Consider joining our team if you are passionate about Data, enjoy problem solving, and working with like-minded IT and business professionals.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check outfarmers.com/careersand be sure to follow us onLinkedIn!
Provides expertise in the design and functionality of business applications; Understands customers' business processes and products and how best they can be supported by the application systems; Reviews and validates the detailed technical design for business applications provided by the supplier to ensure alignment with business requirements; Performs quality review checks on project deliverables; Validates suppliers estimates; Performs impact analysis of application changes across various components, holding an end-to-end view of the system; Estimates Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort/cost of new application functionality; Specifies / recommends integration and parallel testing criteria; Supports the implementation activities, troubleshooting system environmental issues, as required.
Essential Job Functions
* Ensures Commission Calculation and Reporting applications are operating efficiently.
* Plans Production data loads and verifies completion timeliness and accuracy.
* Handles Production incidents by leading impact and resolution analysis with various teams.
* Supports root cause documentation and implements lessons learned.
* Liaises with business stakeholders to understand requirements / pain points and comes up with solution recommendations.
* Supports application deployment activities and troubleshoots any environmental issues.
* Recommends enhancements to existing processes to increase efficiency.
* Documents and maintains documentation of key operational / deployment processes.
Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience.
* Minimum 2-3 years of experience in IT application development, operations support, or a similar role.
* Experience with Mainframe programs - able to read, understand, and execute.
* Experience independently managing multiple concurrent assignments.
* Experience with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
* Detail oriented, quick learner, self-starter.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to independently manage multiple concurrent assignment.
* Ability to articulate technical issues, root cause, and remediation plans in layman's terms.
Special Skill Requirement
* Experience in a P&C Insurance organization, preferred.
* Experience with IBM Mainframe applications, IBM Cognos ICM (aka Varicent), or similar incentive compensation management (ICM) tools, preferred.
* Experience working with SSIS, SQL Server, Harvest, GitHub, CA-7 Scheduler, and Java web applications, preferred.
/ Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. /
Job: **Information Technology*
Organization: **Farmers Insurance*
Title: Commissions System Operations Analyst
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 19000830