Sales Account Manager - Iowa
- $60,000 to $85,000 Yearly
Farmers Edge is a global leader in agriculture technology! We produce industry leading technologies, software and digital tools that enable customers around the world to grow more sustainably, maximize profitability, and minimize risk.
Our Team Members are passionate, enterprising individuals who thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth work environment. We offer a competitive total compensation package that may include a co-paid insurance plan, annual bonuses, vacation time, a generous sick leave plan, and options for retirement savings, in addition to the base salary.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, you will build relationships and understand customer needs to ensure that Farmers Edge customers receive the appropriate products and solutions. You will work with the entire regional Sales team to identify new opportunities for direct to grower sales in alignment with the company's sales business objectives and strategic plans. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage a portfolio of customer accounts, serving as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters
- Develop new business with existing clients and identify areas of opportunity to suggest new solutions and/or enhancements to existing contracts
- Collaborate with regional sales leadership to develop and execute a territory sales and marketing plan, to grow the business in your territory
- Liaise with the Operations and Shared Services teams to coordinate their involvement in delivering service and support to your customers
- Communicate new product and feature launches, upselling existing growers on digital solutions and managing grower revenue
- Negotiate new contracts and oversee the annual contract renewal process for your customer portfolio
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales and monthly forecasts)
- Regularly monitor customer, market, and competitor activity to build and adopt appropriate sales strategies relevant to the geography
- Keep information update in the CRM and prepare and present weekly reports to the regional leadership team
- Respond to general inquiries from growers and resolve challenging issues that may arise
This role could be a good fit for you if you have:
- Diploma or degree in agriculture or related field preferred
- 3+ years of sales, and/or account management experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with business partners
- Strong understanding of farm equipment, precision agronomy, fertility, variable rate technology, and farming practices
- Ability to problem solve and work in an agile environment
The ideal candidate will be working from home from a location that fits within the territory, and be willing to travel* throughout the territory.
Live Life at the Edge!
*The successful candidate will be required to provide proof of, and maintain an acceptable driving record, consistent with our Vehicle Use Policies, to be eligible for employment with Farmers Edge.
Farmers Edge is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion, and collaborating with team members and candidates to identify and remove barriers to employment. We welcome and encourage applications from all persons and will work to find reasonable accommodations at all stages of recruitment and throughout a team member's employment.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Farmers EdgeDes Moines, IA
BusinessView All Farmers Edge Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.