Customer Service Specialist
Farmers Cooperative Fairmont, NE
- Expired: September 16, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Farmers Cooperative of Dorchester, NE is seeking to hire a full-time Customer Service Specialistto ensure our patrons are getting taken care of. This position offers a competitive wage based on experience plus excellent benefits! Our benefits include medical with HSA, dental, life, disability, vision, defined benefit pension, a 401k plan with company match, paid time off, and paid holidays. If this sounds like the opportunity that you've been looking for, apply today!
ABOUT FARMERS COOPERATIVE
Farmers Cooperative is a full-service cooperative with products and services offered in energy, grain, feed, agronomy, and tire departments. We are an aggressive company always looking toward the future and trying to bring more opportunities, markets, and abilities to our local producers. We have a strong passion for agriculture and strive to improve the communities we serve. As we grow, we continue to look for top quality individuals and local talent to help take our business to the next level. We value our customers and strive to give them the best service possible.
At Farmers Cooperative we have a family-friendly culture that allows for family flexibility and a healthy work/life balance. We believe our employees are our most important asset which is why we offer excellent benefits, competitive wages, and the opportunity to grow professionally.
A Day in the Life:
As a Customer Service Specialist your primary responsibility will be assisting walk in customers and customers that call in over the phone. This individual must have a passion for customer service are the face and voice of Farmers Cooperative and have a substantial effect on how the customer views our company. Your primary duties will be answering the phone and directing the call to the correct contact or helping the customer the best way you can, learning the scale and weighing inbound and outbound trucks efficiently, test for grain quality, handle incoming work orders for any one of our departments, monitor product inventory, process daily tickets, data entry, receive customer payments and credit accounts, perform billing functions, and order various products for departments at your facility.
This person gets the privilege of working with numerous different departments and will learn a basic understanding of all products and services. Your secondary responsibilities will be to perform basic office functions for the facility you are located at, as well as maintaining office equipment, ordering supplies, entering tickets, assisting with the scale operations, and basic accounting functions as directed. You also get to work with our accounting software and computer programs or software specific to any one of our departments. You will be expected to work hard, and you will have to work more hours during busy seasons.
What You'll Need to Do This Job:
- High School Diploma and/or equivalent
- Farming or agriculture background/knowledge preferred
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Basic Accounting knowledge
- Excellent computer skills with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to multitask
- The ability to think clearly and problem solve
- Excellent mathematical skills
- The desire to be involved in agriculture and work for a cooperative
- Physically, this position requires you to stand, bend, and sit on a regular basis
- You must be able to occasionally lift at least 50 pounds up to 100 pounds
- You will be exposed to grain dust, chemicals and fertilizers, and outdoor elements and temperatures
- You must be flexible with your schedule as more hours will be expected during harvest and planting seasons and you must be available when trains come to assist unload/load grain and agronomy products
Are you great with people? Are you a problem-solver? Do you have the desire to be involved in agriculture and work for a cooperative? Are you attentive to detail and the agriculture markets? If so, you may be perfect for this position!
BusinessView all jobs at Farmers Cooperative