Route Sales Driver
- Posted: over a month ago
Compensation: 18 to 20 per hour based on experience plus full benefits. Non-exempt hourly position with overtime pay eligibility.
Hours: Monday through Friday business hours (as early as a 7 AM start). Roughly 5 hours of overtime per week but will depend on needs (will be paid overtime). May include some regional overnight stays 1-2 times per month.
Route Sales Driver Overview:
The Route Sales Driver (in-house titled Route Sales Associate) provides route relief as required and is responsible for providing great customer service. This particular position will be providing route coverage overseeing a territory including Runnemede, NJ, Philadelphia, PA Wilmington, DE and the surrounding areas. When on route, the RSA ensures customers are in-stock, serviced as scheduled, and that the beverage station is set to standard. Sells and delivers coffee, tea, and related products to customers as assigned. Company truck and support will be provided.
This is an entry-level position with the goal to build a rewarding career within the department
Route Sales Driver Responsibilities:
- Deliver, replenish, and rotate beverage station products on each call when assigned to a route.
- Ensure equipment is clean and in working order, executing a minimum of one CQC (Cup Quality Check) per day.
- Responsible for escalating customer issues quickly to the ASM (Area Sales Manager) and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Ensure all customers on a daily set schedule receive delivery and service as required.
- Manage invoices, inventory, and collections daily when on a route.
- Responsible for increasing Revenue per Stop through identifying and closing distribution voids on core products, executing seasonal and LTO promotions, executing pricing actions and ensuring the beverage station is set to standard when assigned to a route.
- Notify ASM of any inefficiencies, customer dissatisfaction, or opportunities found while running route relief.
- Assist ASM on inventory cycle counts, warehouse duties, and customer-related matters as assigned.
- Become familiar with brewing equipment and learn to make basic repairs or adjustments.
- Consistently execute the Farmer Brothers customer call process (The Farmer Brothers Way to Sell) to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Make sales calls when time and opportunity allows.
- May perform other duties as assigned including assisting in warehouse operations, accounts receivable collections, and customer service activities.
Route Sales Driver Requirements:
- Valid Drivers license with a clean and good driving record (no violations within the last 2 years). Must be comfortable driving a 28 feet long box truck.
- Route delivery experience such as a Route Sales Trainee, Route Sales Representative, Route Delivery Driver, or similar role is a plus but not required.
- Must be willing to complete a DOT (Department of Transporation) physical and obtain a DOT medical card on the job.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Customer service, warehousing, and outside/door-to-door sales background preferred.
- Previous food service industry experience desired but not required.
- Mechanical aptitude with company hardware and software products.
- Proficient in assessing customer needs.
- Interested to grow a career within the organization (great starting position)
Excellent Benefits Including:
- Competitive benefits: Employer-subsidized medical, dental, vision, FSA, supplemental health, and life insurance/disability coverage plan options plus more.
- Health & welfare: Employee assistance program, perks program, and more to support the health of your whole self.
- Generous vacation time (PTO) and holiday pay: Starting at 3 weeks PTO and 10 paid holidays (including 3 floating days), we prioritize work/life balance just as much as you do.
- Retirement planning: 401(k) plan plus company match.
- Career growth and recognition programs: We realize our team is our biggest asset and strength. Our priority is to continuously build advancement and reward programs to celebrate and appreciate the value youll bring.
Example photo of the 28 feet box truck youll be driving as a Route Sales Driver (Route Sales Associate)
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Farmer Brothers