Faria Education Group
- Expired: February 10, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking an event coordinator to join us in the Portland office to lead the organization of events and conferences put on by our Professional Development Team. This is a remote position that requires frequent trips to the Portland office.
- 50-75 conferences we attend to promote our products and services per year (virtual and in person)
- 50-100 smaller events hosted by our team per year (including virtual events, webinars and in person events on location)
Events and conferences will take primarily in North and South Americas with some crossover
We prefer some event experience around logistics, marketing and internal team support. A strong attention to detail and organization is a must. This position reports to our VP of Professional Development.
The event coordinator is responsible for tracking conferences, coordinating the event marketing, participant registration, fee payments, confirmation with local vendors, speaker management, logistics, budget, and more for in-person events, virtual events, conferences and webinars This includes external events (conferences and trade shows) as well as internal events hosted by Faria.
We expect the event coordinator to follow established templates for event management, and over time, improve upon them.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage end to end logistics for webinars, in-person and virtual events, and conferences using BaseCamp, Google Sheets and other tools.
- Moderate virtual events and webinars
- Support marking team with event and conference campaigns
- Manage the event email and provide world class customer service to clients, prospects, and vendors
- Track event and conference data and return on investment in order to analyze the data to inform decisions
- Frequently move boxes weighing up to 50 pounds for various needs
- Other duties as assigned
The position works closely with our Account Managers and Marketing teams to create successful events.
Travel expectation 15% of time.
Does this describe you?
- Obsessive attention-to-detail with top-notch organizational skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly & execute quickly
- Enjoys engaging with customers and strives to develop strong relationships
- Ability to manage high-stress situations and troubleshoot challenging problems
- Collaborates well with others
- $50-55,000 annual salary
- PTO for vacation, sick, holidays and other life events
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances
- Monthly health and wellness allowance
- Professional development activities & budget
- Various employee recognition programs and company sponsored social events
- Unlimited books budget
Full training will be provided during induction and further training will be given throughout the duration of your employment, in order to assist in advancing your career with Faria Education Group.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
This is a hybrid work from home / remote position. Candidate must live within the Portland / Vancouver Metro area.
About Faria Education Group
Faria is a leader in international education systems & services, offering an integrated systems suite across learning, admissions, school-to-home, online courses & study services to over 10,000 schools and 4 million students in 155 countries.
ManageBac is the leading curriculum-first learning platform for IB World Schools serving over 3,000 international schools and is the trusted choice for 4 in 5 IB Diploma students.
OpenApply is an admissions management system & CRM serving over 700 of the world's leading international & independent schools, supporting the applicant from discovery & enquiry to admissions & enrolment.
Atlas is the leading curriculum planning platform trusted by over 6,000 schools around the world that provides seamless collaboration for teachers, administrators, and curriculum writers along their curriculum development journey. Initiate, revamp, and continuously refine the curriculum development process in one unified system.
SchoolsBuddy is a comprehensive mobile and web-based school-to-home management system for activities, bookings, billing, transport & more.
Curriculum Trak provides the leading curriculum management platform for K-12 faith-based schools. The unique Faith Learning Integration allows teachers to easily align key conceptual spiritual understandings with curriculum, lesson plans, and learning outcomes.
Pamoja provides online learning solutions for IB World Schools. Pamoja Online Courses provide a wide range of online courses across the IB Diploma Programme, supporting personalised learning through our global classroom. Our curriculum-aligned courses are taught online by our experienced teachers trained in digital learning methodologies. Pamoja Lesson Suite provides teachers with a range of tailor-made resources to use in their classroom, including course content broken down into lessons, student assessment and progress monitoring tools. It is designed as a solution to save teachers time on course preparation whilst developing skills in online learning methodologies.
Oxford Study Courses delivers short academic programmes, exam revision courses and study resources to IBDP students around the world. Established in 1990, OSC has been working with experienced teachers renowned within the International Baccalaureate community to support students at every step of their IB Diploma Programme.
FariaPD supports teachers and leaders around the world with hands-on professional learning that is engaging, practical and builds on the existing knowledge of participants. School or district professional learning is available alongside a variety of virtual and in-person events each designed to guide curriculum and instruction.
MiniPD is a Professional Learning Hub created by and for educators around the globe. Each educator is supported by the learning community on their unique professional growth journey by connecting with engaging content and personalized coaching.
We are a globally distributed team with offices in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
Faria Education Group
Arts and Entertainment
Get fresh Part Time Event Coordinator jobs daily straight to your inbox!