Probate/Estate Planning Legal Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a Probate/Estate Planning Legal Assistant or Paralegal to become a part of our team!
This position is open for Legal Assistants and Paralegals alike. Legal Assistants with experience working on Paralegal-level probate and estate planning tasks are encouraged to apply. Paralegals with probate and estate planning experience are encouraged to apply.
Legal assistants are responsible for managing the day-to-day administrative obligations of their assigned attorneys and supporting other firm staff as necessary. The ideal candidate for this position has a strong work ethic, exceptional problem-solving skills, and is comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace.
Paralegals enhance attorney efficiencies by researching law, investigating facts, and preparing documents to assist the legal team. The position involves significant communication with clients, staff attorneys, court personnel, and a variety of other stakeholders. The ideal candidate for this position has a strong work ethic, exceptional problem-solving skills, and is comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace.
Responsibilities (May Be Altered)
- Assume responsibility for the efficient administrative operations of the assigned legal team.
- Engage in active communication with assigned legal team to ensure completion of projects within established time requirements and quality standards; seeks assistance when required due to workload or deadline issues.
- Provide administrative support to the assigned legal team, such as scheduling appointments, answering calls, providing information to callers, taking dictation, performing transcription, composing and typing routine correspondence, reading and routing incoming and outgoing mail, coordinating travel arrangements, and preparing and submitting reimbursements and payments.
- Perform opening procedures for all new matters, including ensuring the firm collects signed Retention Agreements and retainers.
- Critically review and arrange for the filing and mailing of court documents, pleadings, and other official documents and filings.
- Organize and maintain case/document files, ensuring proper filing and indexing of correspondence, discovery, pleadings, and court orders.
- Maintain professionalism at all times, both within the firm and with opposing counsel, court staff, and other individuals.
- Complete other tasks consistent with the role of an assistant, as may be requested by the assigned legal team, or the Director of Operations and Finance.
- Legal processes, procedures, and terminology related to the review, preparation, and processing of legal documents.
- Relevant federal and state rules of civil procedure, filing requirements, etc.
- Information management, classification, and retrieval systems.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and general office software.
- ProLaw, Worldox, Turbo Court, E-Discovery, and docketing familiarity preferred.
- Confidentiality requirements.
- Records management and retention requirements for paper and electronic documents.
- Written and verbal communication and collaboration.
- Active listening, problem-solving, and analytical comprehension.
- Exceptional organization and attention to detail.
- Dependability, composure, and professionalism.
Minimum Education, Experience, and Training (Legal Assistant)
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-5 years’ experience as a legal assistant or secretary at a law firm preferred
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Minimum Education, Experience, and Training (Paralegal)
- Bachelor's Degree
- Paralegal Certification
- 3-5 years experience as a paralegal at a law firm
- Equivalent combination or education and experience
Farhang & Medcoff Attorneys, PLLC
100 South Church AvenueTucson, AZ
LegalView all jobs at Farhang & Medcoff Attorneys, PLLC