Cook, Day or Evening
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you want to showcase your creative skills for people who will truly value your work? Fargo Elim is hiring Part-Time and Full-Time Cooks to join our team in our beautiful, brand-new health care center. Your passion for cooking nutritious and appetizing meals will be highly valued by our residents.
There are Part-Time and Full-Time, benefit eligible positions available. Shift: 11:00 am to 7:30 pm. No late nights!
- Competitive wages with credit for experience
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 403(b) or 401(k) with employer match
- Healthcare, dental, health savings, vision, life, disability, & flex spending options for Full-Time employees
- Employer paid Basic Life Insurance for Full-Time Employees
- Employee Discount Program
- Longevity Recognition, Paid Volunteer Time, and Mentorship Programs
- Collaborative and Inclusive Work Culture
- Employee Assistance Program with free confidential counseling/coaching for self and family members
- Deliver exceptional service to residents by providing fast, friendly and excellent customer service to all guests.
- Prepare and cook all meals to ensure adherence to recipes and quality standards. This will also include feature/specials and grill service.
- Inspect kitchen for conformance to government and company safety and sanitation requirements.
- Review planned meals and take note of special diet requests.
- Observe and report on low stock or high-demand choices.
- Assist in orders and schedules delivery of food and supplies from local vendors.
- Observe and report on resident change of condition or changes in ability.
- Participate in meetings and required training to maintain regulatory standards of food service at the community.
Cook skills and requirements:
- Prior commercial cooking/ food preparation experience preferred, but not required.
- Strong communication skills to interact with residents and staff.
- Maintain confidential information.
- Ability to stand for length of shift.
- Team player willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Selected candidates will be required to pass a background check.
Cassia’s Response to COVID-19:
Cassia follows the CMS requirements for Covid vaccination. Upon starting employment at our care center, you will need to provide proof of having at least one Covid vaccination. Or, you may complete an exemption application for medical or religious reasons. We are serious about your safety and health—it is our number one priority. We have implemented COVID-19 protocols (routine cleaning & disinfecting, physical distancing, and resident & employee testing) and provide staff with personal protective equipment for every shift.
Fargo Elim is a part of Cassia. Cassia is a faith-based, nonprofit organization with over 200 years of experience caring for those in need. Our Mission is to foster fullness of life for older adults in the spirit of Christ’s love. We take pride in providing compassionate care for our residents by embracing our eight values and service standards: Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect and Collaboration.
At Cassia, you will be empowered to foster fullness of life for those we serve. Cassia will support your career goals and celebrate your passions. If you are seeking a career experience where you will have fun, be challenged, and recognized for your individuality, Cassia is the answer.
I AM Cassia... Are You?
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Powered by JazzHR
Get fresh Yours Truly jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.