Food & Beverage Manger - Restaurant - $54 to $58k
Fargo Country Club Fargo, ND
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
FLSA Status: Exempt (Salary)
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Food & Beverage Administration
Reports to: Dir. of Food & Beverage or General Manager
Fargo Country Club, in Fargo, ND is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Food & Beverage Manager with the emphasis of managing the main restaurant but assisting with management of club Banquet/Event functions as needed. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service for members and their guests.
The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for ensuring an outstanding member dining experiences. They are expected to provide leadership, strategic direction, and ensure that service is focused on exceeding member and guest expectation which align with the Club’s service goals and initiatives.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures members and their guests are attended to in a prompt, efficient and personalized manner. Assists with controlling the flow of the room by ensuring proper seating in each server section by rotation.
- Acts as a liaison between front-of-the-house (FOH) staff and back-of-the-house (BOH) staff to ensure timely and appropriate communications.
- Ensures that the restaurant and restaurant facilities are kept clean, well-stocked and organized.
- Checks the maintenance of all equipment in the restaurant and notifies the Restaurant Manager of needed maintenance and repair.
- Assists with regular inventory counts of china, glassware and silverware, food and beverage. Ensures par levels are maintained based on facility needs.
- Assists the Director of Food & Beverage in ordering products as needed.
- Assists the Director of Food & Beverage with bi-weekly payroll.
- Responsible for the scheduling of all FOH staff and works with F&B Manager/Banquets in filling staffing needs for each scheduled function.
- Circulates throughout the restaurant facilities and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met.
- Greets members/guests at tables to ensure complete guest satisfaction and attention to their needs.
- Ensures established cash handling procedures are utilized to accurately charge members.
- Creates revenue forecasts and reports. Monitors restaurant budget and takes action to minimize expenses. Reports on financial performance, inventory, and personnel.
- Ensures all side work is completed, including all cleaning of equipment and storage areas.
- Conducts pre-shift meetings to review specials, menu changes, house counts, etc.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Food and Beverage Supervisors, Lead Server/Captain, Server, Greeter, & Bartender.
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs and tests for comprehension.
- Assists with daily activities to include: serving tables, bussing tables, seating members/guests, and general service duties.
- Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
- Adheres to and enforces employee compliance with health, safety, and sanitation standards.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Will assist with managing banquet and events.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Must be able to work Day and Night shifts
Associate’s degree (AA); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality or Business Administration, or a related field
- Previous Managerial Experience
- Experience in restaurant point-of-sale (POS) systems (e.g. ALOHA & JONAS) and on-line Reservation Systems, Inventory Controls, Scheduling/Labor Management, Financial Forecasting
- Experience in Purchasing, inventory management, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports.
- Frequently stands, walks, talks and listens. Regularly uses hands, reaches with hands and arms. Occasionally sits, climbs, balances, stoops, kneels, crawls, crouches, taste or smells. Frequently lifts up to 25 pounds and occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally works in extreme heat, wet or humid conditions (non-weather). Occasionally works in outdoor weather conditions. Noise level is moderate.
ServSafe Certified Food Manager (Food & Alcohol) or TIPS equivalent.
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
- Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the associates may be required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals for the equipment the associates may use are in English)
- Must meet state age requirements for handling alcoholic beverages
- Working knowledge of wine, spirits and regional cuisines
- Demonstrates Leadership ability including skills to communicate and express ideas and directives clearly to associates
- Strong problem analysis and problem resolution skills
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational and time management skills to ensure a quick response to client needs.
- High level of active listening skills and strong client service skills which includes the ability to resolve issues/complaints with tact and diplomacy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Professional and courteous demeanor
- Ability to create high performance teams and to be a strong team player
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to company values
- Organizational development abilities with a strong focus on individual and team advancement
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to maintain effective financial accountability to the company and to the ownership
- Complete and comprehensive understanding of the physical infrastructure, food and beverage controls and financial back office systems of a hospitality/food service environment
- Working knowledge of food and beverage service equipment and current trends.
- Exceptional personal hygiene and positive representation of the organization to Troon employees, clients and vendors
*This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Fargo Country Club
FoodView all jobs at Fargo Country Club