Technical Writer & Editor - III
- Posted: over a month ago
Farfield will assist the Federal staff within the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Protection Agency (CISA) Hunt and Incident Response Team (HIRT), and National Cybersecurity and Assessment and Technical Services (NCATS) branches, with a broad set of support functions. The Hunt and Incident Response Team is DHS’s front line when responding to cyber incidents and proactively hunting for malicious cyber activity. HIRT leverages world-class expertise to lead response, containment, remediation, and asset recovery efforts with its constituents and partners. HIRT provides two primary functions to its customer. First, HIRT serves as DHS’s primary operations arm in the execution of the asset response mission delegated to DHS. When any civilian Government agency or critical asset owner operator experiences a cyber-attack, HIRT can provide remote and onsite advanced technical assistance. Second, HIRT also can be called upon to proactively identify malicious activity, otherwise known as a “hunt”, specifically focusing on identifying threats from sophisticated threat actors that are often undetected, and in situations beyond the capacity and capability of traditional cyber security tools and techniques.
*** Requires a Top Secret/SCI clearance and U.S. Citizenship***
- Developing and reviewing technical communications deliverables including engineering documentation, operational procedures, plans, action reports, and meeting minutes, coordinating with engineering teams to obtain necessary input data.
- Preparing, reviewing, editing and maintaining program technical documents including software and system engineering documents, CONOPS, test reports, user documentation, implementation documentation, etc.
- Creating, reviewing, editing and maintaining technical drawings.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Must have an active Secret clearance and be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability.
- 5+ years of technical writing experience including developing communications deliverables plans, action reports, and meeting minutes for internal and external cyber audiences.
- Experience with creating and maintaining information system security documentation and SOPs.
- Excellent hands-on experience with Microsoft Office including MS Word, PowerPoint and Visio or related tools.
- Fluid technical writing and editing skills, including the use of AP Style.
- Ability to research and analyze complex technical material and break it down into concise, compelling copy that engages the reader.
- Ability to work under pressure with clients, federal leads and subject matter experts in a fast-paced cybersecurity environment.
- Ability to capture meeting discussions at a rapid pace using either shorthand and/or typing fast.
- Experience working in a cyber or an IT environment
- Experience with creating technical briefings including executive leadership briefings.
- Familiarity with cybersecurity communications language and subject matter.
- Experience with software or agile development methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in English, Business or related, or 7+ years technical writing and editing experience with a high school diploma.
Powered by JazzHR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?