IT Audit Director
- Posted: 27 days ago
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive team thriving in an energizing, flexible environment. Here, you will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
In this compelling leadership position as IT Audit Director, you will work under the supervision of the Internal Audit Vice President and will be responsible for managing a large portfolio of IT audit activities and projects. Responsibilities include developing and executing strategies and plans to conduct and lead audits of highly complex information technology systems and applications to facilitate compliance with corporate policies and procedures. The IT Audit Director will provide formal supervision and coaching of IT Auditors, Senior IT Auditors, IT Audit Team Leads and IT Audit Managers. A primary responsibility will be to build and maintain relationships with audit senior business partners and customers at the Senior Vice President and/or Executive Vice President level. The IT Audit Director will be expected to demonstrate deep specialized functional area expertise in a specific domain with moderate expertise across one or more other domains.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The IT Audit Director role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Manage a large, complex portfolio of IT audit projects and activities. Manage a moderate to large team of IT Auditors, Senior IT Auditors, IT Audit Team Leads and IT Audit Managers. Coordinate and administer assignments, monitor IT audit team progress, and manage budgets and schedules.
- Lead the successful development, management, and end-to-end execution of Audit Plans; drive the development of the Annual Audit Plan. Leveraging a risk-based approach, determine audit scope and identify risks and implications. Review, finalize and deliver audit reports; communicate audit findings and develop recommendations.
- Track results of prior audits, identify audit themes across organizations and facilitate appropriate corrective action. Continually strengthen and improve the governance, risk and control environment of the organization acting as a key driver of change within Internal Audit and across the organization.
- Provide direct oversight of IT Auditors, Senior IT Auditors, IT Audit Team Leads and IT Audit Managers. Establish policies and procedures to guide the IT audit staff and facilitate consistent, high-quality outcomes and deliverables. Share knowledge and develop staff capabilities to strengthen understanding of industry, business and regulatory issues and Internal Audit best practices. Communicate team and organizational objectives; inspire and motivate team members to achieve results.
- Serve as primary point of contact for IT audit business partners and stakeholders; assume overall responsibility for relationship management for specific business areas. Work in partnership with business leaders to strengthen governance, risk, and control environments by anticipating issues, providing advice, and sharing Internal Audit knowledge and best practices.
- Serve as Internal Audit representative for corporate wide committees and initiatives.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experience
- 8 years experience in technology audit, related IT risk field or relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in relevant field (Management of Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Accounting)
- 5 years of experience in leadership/people management
- At least one certification is required: CISA, CISSP, CPA, or CIA; A Cybersecurity or Cloud related certification is preferred
- Knowledge of technology infrastructure is required, e.g., Network, Operating Systems, Databases, Middleware, Web Applications, etc.
- Understanding of information security practices, industry frameworks, and regulatory requirements related to Cybersecurity and/or Cloud implementation
- Experience with auditing for third party and vendor risk
- Proven track record in creatively designing and implementing audit and /or risk assessment approaches in a dynamic environment
- Excellent critical thinking and out of the box thinking skills
- Experience incorporating data analytics for more effective audit and risk assessments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Job Reference ID: REF11113P
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at email@example.com.
TechnologyView all jobs at Fannie Mae
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?