Business Intelligence Analyst
Fannie Mae Washington, DC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation's housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.Job Description
As a valued colleague on our team, you will collaborate in collecting, reviewing, monitoring, and analyzing business data to solve problems and/or make recommendations to improve business performance, as well as contribute to identifying opportunities for enhanced business efficiency and performance through data and technology.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Finance - Business Intelligence - Associate role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Assist in the creation of business requirement activities for financial business analytics & modeling applications through various methods, including: individual and group discussions, independent data analysis by extracting from a suite of mathematical functions and tools.
- Work across teams and promote productive relationships (business, modeling, technology & governance) to improve clarity and ensure that processes are as streamlined as possible.
- Work with the application development teams to refine design and solution specifications.
- Provide other analytical and business analysis support to key initiatives and operations.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Ability to develop a solid working knowledge of the models & applications.
- Strong communication skills are required, to communicate clearly across a diverse audience with varying levels of business, technical, modeling and governance expertise, to clearly lay out objectives, deliver on commitments, and coordinate analytics with colleagues.
- Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders and counterparts across the organization.
- Understanding of SDLC process and deliverables/agile methodology.
- Previous experience/education in financial theory, credit risk, market risk, or mortgage finance is very helpful.
- Skilled in programming including coding, debugging, and using relevant programming languages (SQL, R, and Python)
The group of skills related to Relationship Management including managing and engaging stakeholders, customers, and vendors, building relationship networks, contracting, etc.
Skilled in cloud technologies and cloud computing
Skilled in documentation and database reporting for the purposes of analysis, data discovery, and decision-making with the use of relevant software
Exposure to using statistical methods, including: developing and testing hypotheses, using experimental design, and running linear and logistic regressions
The group of skills related to Communication including communicating in writing or verbally, planning and distributing communication, etc.
Experience gathering accurate information to explain concepts and answer critical questions
Skilled in presenting information and/or ideas to an audience in a way that is engaging and easy to understand
Ability to frame ideas as systems and analyzing the inputs, outputs, and process
Working with people with different functional expertise respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal
The group of skills related to Influencing including negotiating, persuading others, facilitating meetings, and resolving conflict
Skilled in Microsoft Teams
Experience using JIRA
Experience using SharePoint
Skilled in Excel
Skilled in Tableau
Skilled in SQL
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at email@example.com.
Job ID: REF7216Y
BusinessView all jobs at Fannie Mae