As our mobile rock crushing plant operator, you’ll work with rough, blasted or excavated materials to maximize production of asphalt and other aggregates while minimizing plant interruptions and/or breakdowns. In addition, you’ll perform dailyMSHA inspections, Weekly and monthly ADEQ observations and maintenance activities.
Who we are
Fann Contracting, Inc. (Fann) is a Northern Arizona-based contractor celebrating over 59-years of business. We have grown from a small backhoe business in 1960 to a mid-sized company ($50-$100 million annually) performing heavy-civil, highway, and general construction improvements throughout the State of Arizona.
Our strengths are experience, diversity, attention to detail, job safety and quality, and our people. Fann has built a culture that brings the best out of our employees and where good work practices can be rewarded for attention to quality, safety and productivity.
We have one of the largest heavy equipment and trucking fleets in Northern Arizona coupled with the most experienced operators and support staff. Our full-service equipment maintenance department works around the clock to maintain our crusher, hot plants and heavy equipment so projects can stay on track with minimal interruption from equipment downtime.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity for full time, stable, permanent employment with a great company.
- Excellent competitive pay (DOE) with weekly direct deposit into your bank account.
- Travel pay (subsistence) is available.
- Plenty of opportunities for Federal Pay projects/wages.
- Medical, dental and life insurance, paid sick time, 401k and profit sharing bonus.
- Working in diverse Arizona locations with rewarding "hands-on" assignments.
- Free skills training, safety, and career advancement classes.
- College degrees not required!
The Essential Duties and Requirements
- Physically Oversees (hands on) the complete operation of the mobile rock crushing plant.
- Ensures compliance with all MSHA Safety Regulations, Health, Environmental regulations,and other Company policies, procedures and requirements to assure material quality.
- Ability to oversee, delegate, coach, and train fellow team members in their duties or job functions.
- Observes gauges, dials, and operation of machinery and conveyor/stacker belts to Ensure smooth operation and conformity to specs.
- Will be instrumental in disassembly of plant, moving to new locations and resetting.
- Assists the aggregates managers with record keeping and daily production schedules for submitting reports on production and maintenance
- Performs basic to somewhat complex maintenance activities.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and work for extended periods of time; grip, climb, reach, shovel, squat, crawl, or pull, push, as well as, bend and lift up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is outdoors and often exposed to varying and/or extreme weather conditions (i.e., heat, wet, cold, etc).
- Must be able to perform heavy repair and labor duties, work required overtime and have a flexible work schedule.
- Must also skillfully operate loaders, excavators, skid steers, haul trucks and dozers.
- Working knowledge of industrial processing equipment such as screens, crushers and conveyor systems.
- Must be observant and alert to the movement and condition of equipment within assigned responsibility area.
- Make daily notes of worn parts, locate replacement parts and create proactive repair schedules.
- Be mechanically inclined and have ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems in relation to plant operations.
- Performs daily housekeeping to maintain a clean and safe working station.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- High School Diploma/GED or an equivalent preferred.
- Solid knowledge of MSHA regulations and compliance.
- Basic computer skills
- Minimum 4 years of experience in the construction aggregates & mining industry.
- 1-2 years crusher operator experience, cutting, welding and fabricating experience preferred.
- Valid Driver's license with acceptable driving record required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit an application directly to our HR Department via email@example.com. Look for the EMPLOYEE RESOURCES link at the top of our home page. Or, drop by in person at 1403 industrial Way, Prescott, AZ 86301. Our mailing address is: PO Box 4356, Prescott, AZ 86302. Office fax number is 928- 778-5591.
Fann Contracting, Inc. is an EEO/AA, VEVRAA, Drug Free and E-Verify Compliant Company.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.