START A CAREER WITH US! Our backlog is growing! Immediate positions available.
We need EXPERIENCED AND VERSATILE heavy equipment operators for local and statewide dirt-moving operations. Prefer 3 years experience as a universal operator - wages depend upon experience. These positions include the following:
· Scrapers: 623, 621, 631 and Rock Trucks (non-articulated)
· Cat M-Series Blade (motor grader) 2 or more years experience
· Cat Excavators (production loading haul units, grading, pipeline, hammer)
· Cat Dozer D8 and up (some GPS grading, cut to fill etc.)
· John Deere and/or Cat Backhoe
· Gannon; John Deere 210LE Grade Tractor 4x4 (MUST be able to cut grades)
· Heavy Equipment Fueler/Service Tech (Class A CDL with tank and HAZMAT req.)
Other positions may also include:
· Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic
· Traffic Control Tech/Flaggers
· Class A CDL Truck Drivers
· Grade Checkers
· Paving Operators and Laborers
Equipment Operator Responsibilities:
· Working safely at all times - ability to recognize and immediately report unsafe acts/situations to your supervisor.
· Working closely with Supervisors and co-workers to ensure quality and safety.
· Daily safety inspection, care of equipment, including always checking fluid levels before starting.
· Must have a strong knowledge of grades, grade steaks and grade checking.
· Ability to comfortably climb up to and down from the equipment.
· Ability to endure bouncing over rough terrain in equipment without shock absorbing capabilities.
· A through awareness of equipment/machine capabilities.
· Working as a laborer when necessary.
· Working as a team player with an excellent attitude.
Other duties of a skilled equipment operator:
Interprets information on grade stakes. Clears, grubs, strips, excavates, backfills, ditches, stockpiles and pushes scraper with dozer. Cut and fill material with scraper or other equipment, load trucks, scarifies material, excavates V ditches and can finish grade projects for asphalt, curb/gutter etc. Can operate asphalt paver, rollers and other hot mix equipment. Basic math skills for measuring yards, tons and stockpiles are good traits. Wages are DOE.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Load and unload equipment and materials
- Provide innovative solutions to improve efficiency
- Conduct occasional routine preventive maintenance.
- Log and record readings for equipment and procedures
Complete our Employment Application at fanncontracting.com. Applicants must have reliable transportation. Statewide travel is often required and subsistence is typically included for certain jobs. NOTE: All job description statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job title. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. You are required to be aware of company safety policies and use the proper personal protective equipment for all specific duties performed and/or encountered, and are expected to ask if you are unsure or need more training.
We offer medical, dental and life insurance, paid sick time (PST) 401k, profit sharing and bonus programs. Federal (Davis-Bacon) paying jobs also possible.
Please don't apply if:
You're just looking for a paycheck.
Constantly have reasons to be off work.
Don't have a reliable vehicle for statewide travel.
Can't work away from home for 5 days or more per week.
Can't pass a pre-employment drug test.
Can't work nights or overtime.
How to apply:
Please submit application online at fanncontracting.com or in person at our HR Department - 1403 industrial Way, Prescott, AZ 86301. WE WILL STILL REQUIRE AN APPLICATION EVEN THOUGH YOU SUBMIT A RESUME.
Mailing address: PO Box 4356, Prescott, AZ 86302.
Office: Fax 928-778-5591. Office: 928-778-0170
Drug free/EOE/some positions may be non-smoking/E-Verify Compliant. All positions are to be considered SAFETY SENSITIVE according to Federal Regulations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.