The Finance (Accounting) Manager directs and manages the accounting and reconciliation of all financial data. Position ensures data is properly recorded and reported timely, accurately, and in accordance with the companies’ standard operating procedures and business rules. This position candidate will possess strong accounting and reconciliation knowledge and a commitment to accuracy and completion of financial data.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares and submits monthly and yearly financial reports
- Ensures that financial key performance indicators are met monthly per contract requirements.
- Ensures compliancy with internal control policies and procedures
- Ensures financial procedures, internal controls, and money handling are GAAP-compliant.
- Oversee and manage finance and payment processing staff.
- Ensures all month-end financial deadlines are met.
- Ensure all financial functions as they pertain to CSC operations are met.
- Participate in meetings with the System Contractor to review the accuracy and sufficiency of financial reports, to review any discrepancies, and to coordinate any changes to the System (such as, bug fixes) that are required to ensure the overall accuracy of the financial reports and reconciliations.
- Other tasks and special projects to assist the Program manager on an as needed basis
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Five (5) years of financial and accounting experience including management or leadership position (e.g. Accounting Manager, Sr. Accountant, Accounting Lead) overseeing accounting operations in a high volume, transaction-processing environment with progressive levels of complexity.
- Two (2) years’ experience in the development and operations of financial management systems similar
to the Work on this Project
- Experience performing accounting and/or revenue management functions for a public agency.
- Experience performing internal audits or other accounting services for a public agency.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA license preferred
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Must demonstrate good working knowledge of GAAP
- Highly experienced in of function in MS Excel
- Ability to communicate orally with management, and other co-workers, both individually and in a group setting.