Under the general direction of the Supervisor, the Transportation Customer Service Agent is a customer-oriented service representative to act as a liaison, provide product/services information and resolve any emerging problems that our clients might face with accuracy and efficiency.
This position pays $17.50 per hour. The current schedule is Tuesday to Saturday, 12:30pm to 7:30pm. This position is located at 1 Embarcadero BART Station, San Franscisco
- Providing information on Bay Area transportation alternatives, including bus, ferry, rail, bicycling and bike share, parking, and walking, among others;
- Providing point-to-point recommendations for alternatives to driving alone. This will include assisting people facing transportation challenges: youth, persons with disabilities, older adults, persons with limited incomes, etc. and acting as a proxy between visitors and MTC, county mobility management centers and other like resources;
- Vending Clipper cards and adding value or transit passes to Clipper cards;
- Vending FasTrak toll tags, accepting payment for toll violations and adding value to toll tags;
- Selling Bay Area Bike Share cash memberships to qualified low income residents;
- Assisting visitors with completing Air District air quality permit applications;
- Assisting visitors with technology available within the RRC space;
- Selling transportation-related promotional items, potentially including commute gear, bicycle helmets, transportation-themed t-shirts and other memorabilia; and
- Providing resources for potential additional tasks as directed by the three other regional agencies: Association of Bay Area Governments, Bay Area Air Quality Management District and the Bay Conservation and Development Commission.
- Identify and assess customers' needs to achieve satisfaction.
- Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools.
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies.
- Other tasks, as assigned.
Desired skill sets and traits:
- Commitment to outstanding customer service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic Computer/Internet knowledge
- Enthusiastic about coming to work
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work well with others and be a productive member of a team
- Interest in Bay Area transportation and regional government
- Time Management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms: and sitting for extended periods of time.
No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required.