We are looking for a proven business analyst to join our BIzOps & Strategy team. The BizOps & Strategy business analyst will work closely with the key business owners and other analysts to support the ongoing development of enterprise insights and support the company's operational fidelity. You will help Fandom break down complex problems and develop actionable insights, supporting the organization's data-driven decision-making capabilities. Our work is cross-functional in nature; you'll touch on subject matter across product, marketing, finance and growth.
This is a highly collaborative role for a candidate looking for a hands-on experience helping a growing company scale against an exciting vision.Responsibilities
- Work closely with VP of Biz Ops + Strategy to set and drive alignment around company goals, key initiatives and core functions, and to help translate business goals into tactical operations
- Develop presentations and reports to communicate key messages to senior management as well as ongoing and ad hoc reporting and analysis requests
- Work closely with embedded analysts across company business units (finance, product, analytics) to help answer key strategic questions and help make data-supported decisions
- Work closely with the biz ops and finance teams to craft regular updates to the Board of Directors and Executive Team
- Help tackle key go-to-market questions around critical initiatives in a supportive capacity
- Develop a deep understanding of our users, usage, customers, and products and how they impact our business, to inform important decisions across the organization.
- Collaborate with analytics team to design, improve and manage key dashboards and management reports to monitor business performance, analyze business drivers, and provide actionable insights and visualization of KPIs
- At least two years of professional experience
- Background in management consulting, investment banking, private equity, strategy or an analytical role within a technology company
- Strong business acumen, problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Experience working directly with business users on reporting and synthesis designed to answer key business questions
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills, including experience building financial models and management-facing PowerPoint presentations
- Thrive in a fast-moving, ambiguous environment, and are independently capable of seeking information, corralling resources, and delivering results without waiting for direction
- Experience creating compelling dashboards with actionable insights
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Experience with highly engaged, scaled media and consumer products
- A passion for entertainment brands within gaming, TV, movies, and/or comics
FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, FANDOM provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what's buzzing in entertainment, FANDOM has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
FANDOM has a global audience of almost 300 million monthly uniques and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer