Qualified Mental Health Professional
- Posted: over a month ago
Family Solutions USA is a behavioral healthcare agency with over seven offices in Louisiana, the District of Columbia, Illinois, Ohio, and Texas. At our Houston, Texas, location, we provide mental and behavioral healthcare services to children ages 5-17.
As a Qualified Mental Health Professional, you would be responsible for working with clients individually to create positive person-centered coping, implement skill-building interventions and psychosocial education and provide case management services and parent support. As a community-based QMHP, you would be able to meet with your clients via telehealth, at homes, schools, and within the community.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about helping others create brighter futures for their lives. If you are interested in working with Family Solutions USA and helping us improve our community through mental health treatment, please read the job description below and apply within.
We look forward to hearing from you.
1. This position is responsible for but is not limited to conducting the diagnostic assessment, outpatient therapy, crisis intervention, treatment planning, and other services within the (a) scope of practice; (b) professional licensure and applicable regulatory standards; and (c) as privileged by FSLA’s direct clinical supervisor and/or program director.
2. The clinician utilizes generally accepted therapeutic interventions that are researched/evidence-based or best practice models and permissible under the CMS and other funding sources guidelines.
3. The clinician conducts treatment planning, participates in team meetings and FSLA required professional development trainings, completes all documentation requirements according to FSLA standard operating procedures including timelines for completion.
4. The clinician works collaboratively with the client’s primary support system, other care providers and community agencies to facilitate and achieve treatment goals and objectives. Efforts are centered on client needs and preferences, and conducted in a culturally-sensitive way. All activities must be clinically/medically necessary and legally permissible according to applicable rules and regulations.
5. The clinician follows all FSLA policies and procedures and regulatory standards applicable to his/her job duties and responsibilities.
1. Conducts person-centered, culturally sensitive and trauma informed clinical evaluation. Gathers relevant current and historical clinical information including lethality and propensity for violence. Evaluates the client’s mental status. Reviews client’s strengths, needs, abilities, and preferences. Assesses the functioning level including risk and protective factors. Determines the most appropriate level and intensity of service(s)/treatment that is medically necessary and/or the need for referral and further assessment. Formulates a diagnostic impression using the Diagnostic & Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.
2. Develops a treatment plan with the client and as appropriate with significant others. Collaborates with the FSLA treatment team, external care providers and other serving agencies.
3. Conducts therapy, crisis intervention, and other duties as assigned.
4. Responds to client’s clinical needs in a timely, responsive way.
5. Maintains appropriate documentation of services delivered and all other documentations as required by FSLA in order to comply with applicable rules and regulations. Submits all paperwork on a timely basis. Documentations are complete and meet the applicable standards.
6. Maintains confidentiality of PHI (Protected Health Information) in accordance with all legal mandates and FSLA Policies and Procedures.
7. Conducts oneself in a professional manner. Practices within the scope of professional licensure and code of ethics.
8. Complies with accreditation/certification standards, and FSLA policies & procedures.
9. Meets the productivity standards for job assigned.
10. Performs other duties as may be assigned.
1. Completes all official records and documents to ensure compliance with all regulatory and accreditation bodies.
2. All required paperwork must be turned-in to the Clinical Supervisor or Program Director designee (Office Manager by 8 a.m. every Monday from the previous week. Examples: properly completed consent forms, signed treatment plans, quarterly reviews, communication logs, discharge summaries, release/exchange of information forms, etc. Also, daily individual billing and weekly timesheet. All input to the EHR must be up-to-date.
3. Maintains and records daily client progress notes as soon as possible but not exceed 24 HOURS of seeing the client.
4. Documents non-billable contacts with the clients to show history of follow-up and/or non-compliance.
5. Updates necessary client demographics information in EHR system by the 20th of each month
- Demonstrates positive clinical outcomes and overall client satisfaction.
- Provides services that meet the productivity and quality service standards of FSLA.
- Cooperates and supports FSLA’s quality and performance improvement activities and initiatives.
- Works toward developing, fostering, and maintaining positive, proactive relations with other community service providers.
- Support FSLA’s culture that honors individuality while promoting collaborative effort and teamwork.
- Participate in employee surveys to promote cooperative, interactive, supportive, collective entrepreneurship.
1. Licensure: A license as a registered nurse (RN) or
2. Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum number of hours that are equivalent to a major in psychology, social work, medicine, nursing, rehabilitation, counseling, sociology, human growth and development, physician assistant, gerontology, special education, educational psychology, early childhood education, or early childhood intervention.
3. Certification: Able to participate in First Aid, CPR, Verbal/Physical De-escalation; and FSLA required
professional development trainings. CANS training and certification, credentialing with MCOs.
4. Other: Valid Driver’s License. Must pass BCI check, all Corporate Compliance checks and employment drug screen.
5. Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.00 - $35.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Case Management and Social Work: 2 years (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 100% (Required)
Work Location: On the road
Family Solutions USA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?