We are a growing non-profit agency serving the Bucks County Community. We are seeking Masters Level candidates with a degree in Social Work or a closely related Human Service/Health profession who are licensed LCSW or LPC in the state of PA. We have full and part time opportunities available.
JOB SUMMARY: The clinician engages individuals, couples, or families in a process to prevent, manage, or remedy a range of social, emotional, and interpersonal problems which interfere with individual, family, or social functioning. Using a plan with mutually established goals, the clinician and client(s) conjointly engage in a process to promote positive internal emotional change and more adaptive external behavioral patterns, which translate into improved independent functioning, improved family and social relationships, and improved work performance. The clinician acts in the least restrictive and least intrusive manner while always respecting individuals' rights to self-determination and confidentiality.
1. Provides Information & Referral services as assigned to assist with agency Intake and Admission procedures so that applicants for service receive accurate information about agency services and are linked effectively with other community resources as appropriate.
2. Collects appropriate Historical and Psychosocial data from each assigned client in order to complete a thorough Assessment which: articulates the influence of historical events current functioning and identifies/prioritizes basic biopsychosocial needs. Develops a mutually agreed upon Treatment Plan to address the identified needs in a timely, systematic manner.
3. Assists clients with implementation of Treatment Plans by providing regularly scheduled counseling sessions and by utilizing fundamental therapeutic skills based upon accepted therapy models or theories.
4. Provides crisis intervention services for assigned clients and non-assigned clients in emergency situations.
5. Provides case management assistance as necessary. Refers and assists clients as necessary to access resources for specialized educational, financial, mental and physical health, housing, legal, or other needs.
6. Facilitates and coordinates Discharge, Aftercare, and Follow-up Plans and services which are appropriate to the continuing needs of clients for supportive or other services.
7. Develops and maintains professional relationships with other staff, especially at any community- based service sites, and with other community service providers.
8. Utilizes close supervision for professional growth and quality assurance. Seeks to understand and adhere to Agency policies, procedures, and practices while carrying out direct service and administrative duties promptly and accurately.
9. Completes and maintains orderly, legible, timely records of services and other documents in narrative or data formats as required by the Agency or its contracts.
10. Pursues continuing education to maintain and up-grade social service knowledge and practice skills. Uses supervision to identify and address professional development needs. Specially attends to on- going development of sensitivity to diverse cultural groups, particularly groups served by this position. The agency may require any clinician exempted from attendance at mandatory inservices to obtain and document similar training through other sources, e.g. personal study or attendance at other training -- if necessary on personal time and at personal expense.
11. Understands and observes each client's rights to privacy and confidentiality as articulated by agency policy and procedures -- particularly for special programs, projects, services to which this position is assigned.
12. Performs administrative tasks and other duties as assigned.