Program Assistant - Youth Enrichment
Family Resources Inc. Pinellas Park, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
Offering Sign on Bonus! $750 for FT and $500 for PT. To be paid over continuous tenure 0-6 months.
Since 1970, Family Resources has been the agency to turn to for crisis counseling, safe shelter and safe respite for runaway and homeless teens. We are committed to making a difference in the lives of those who need our help and have no where else to turn.
Our mission is to strengthen families and build better communities by providing prevention, support and counseling to children, teens and families. We accomplish this through our belief and vision that every child should be safe, that every troubled teen deserves help, and that every family torn apart in crisis be given the opportunity to mend.
Who we need:
Full Time position as Program Assistant with the Youth Enrichment Program. The Program Assistant is tasked to provide a safe, caring and educational environment for clients in the Youth Enrichment Program. This role is responsible for working with youth on various academic and personal enrichment activities in a year round after-school and the summers 'Community Out of School Time' (COST) program. This role will work with the team to provide supervision of participants, teachers, artists, overlay providers and volunteers, assisting in all aspects of program delivery. This role will also communicate with the Site Supervisor and Program Director to assure the highest degree of quality services are being provided at all times to our clients and families.
What you get:
Starting Base Pay: $13.50 per hour
Bachelor's Degree (or higher): $15.50 per hour
Hours: 40 hours
Schedule: 10:30a - 6:30p
Primary Duties / Responsibilities:
- Youth Enrichment Program Assistant provides direct service supervision, interaction and mentoring of clients through the positive youth development model at program site and during field trips.
- Engage with youth on various personal and academic enrichment activities.
- Supervises group activities and classes to ensure a safe, caring and educational environment is provided for all clients.
- Create and implement evidence-based curriculum and focused and sequential learning by using program's core methodology components and other resources.
- Communicates with parents/guardians regarding youth issues and progress, works with families to encourage parental involvement and community partnerships and assists with Open Houses, Family Nights and other special events.
- Complete intake paperwork, including the collection of required eligibility documents as well as youth attendance monitoring and recording, collection of surveys, evaluations, feedback, pre/post tests and other quality assurance and funding requirements.
- Completes incident/accident reports and submits to Program Supervisor as required
- Responsible for keeping the site, equipment and supplies organized, clean and safe.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including afternoons and evenings.
- Other duties as assigned and directed by the Site Supervisor and VP, Community Services.
Skills / Requirements:
- Youth Enrichment Program Assistant must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid driver's license with a clean driving record in accordance with Federal DOT regulations and police.
- Must be a high school graduate or have the equivalent of a high school diploma and have completed a minimum of six (6) semester hours of college credits with passing grades in early childhood education or elementary education
- A sense of Urgency while having great organizational skills accompanied with an optimistic attitude.
- Knowledge of all safety precautions and compliance with safety procedures.
- Previous experience working with at-risk youth preferably in an educational environment.
- Knowledge of positive youth development, Community Out of School Time (COST) programming and childcare licensing standards.
- Must have or be able to obtain 40 DCF clock hours in childcare training within 90 days of employment.
- Pinellas County Licensing Board (PCLB) Staff Member in Charge (SMIC) credentials preferred.
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- Ability to react calmly in emergency situations.
- Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision and take initiative.
- Must exercise good judgment, common sense, and the ability to follow through on assigned tasks.
- Able to make responsible choices and decisions and act in the best interest of our clients, Company and licensing standards.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with individuals from a variety of cultural and ethnic backgrounds. Must demonstrate awareness and acceptance of cultural differences of clients, staff and community contacts.
- Must have personal cell phone.
- Background compliant with requirements of the Department of Juvenile Justice.
- Valid Florida driver's license, clear driving record and current automobile insurance.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift/move up to 25 pounds
- Frequent bending, reaching and walking
- Ability to respond quickly to conflict/unsafe/dangerous situations
- Be physically active for long periods
- Speak clearly so listeners can understand
- Understand speech of another person
- Ability to hear and see children and objects that are less than and more than a few feet away
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions. For example:
- Playing with the youth in outdoors sports activities, going to the pool with the youth in this summer for approximately 3 hours, field trips, etc.
Family Resources Inc.
AddressPinellas Park, FL
BusinessView all jobs at Family Resources Inc.