Family Promise of Greater Wichita has an immediate need for a Program Coordinator. The Program Coordinator will provide administrative support for program staff, manage volunteers, ensure Day House operations function smoothly, and coordinate daily program communications.
This position reports to the Executive Director and requires 20 hours weekly. Occasional weekend and evening hours may be required as part of this position. In person attendance is required; this is not a remote position. This is an hourly position. Rate of pay is commensurate with experience.
All staff positions are intended to support guest families towards sustainable independence and assist with daily operations.
Job duties and responsibilities are as assigned by the Executive Director and may include, but are not limited to:
1. Answering the phones which may include completing phone screens from families requesting services, providing program information, fielding potential donations and presentation requests, and transferring calls to correct contact person.
2. Answering the door at the Day House to accept donations, providing tours as requested, and greeting volunteer groups. Coordinating with other staff for maximum availability at Day House, as well as covering days off and vacations
3. Interviewing, training, supervising, and assigning appropriate tasks to Day House volunteers. Coordinating volunteer coverage calendar and arranging coverage as needed.
4. Processing mail and donations, organizing information for accounting department, tracking vehicle maintenance, maintaining office and household supplies and ordering or requesting donations of supplies, as needed.
5. Ensuring smooth functioning of all Day House systems including building maintenance, office equipment, security equipment, and vehicle maintenance. Initiating repair requests or technical assistance, as needed.
6. Maintaining and overseeing multiple forms of daily communication between program staff and host churches and volunteers.
7. Establishing chore assignments for guest families and monitoring compliance in collaboration with Case Managers.
8. Maintaining training and presentation calendars, community booth requests, as well as bi-monthly Coordinator meetings. Reserving space and arranging for needed equipment, supplies, and handouts.
9. Overseeing life skills class calendar for families, arranging for food head counts, meal supplies, and contacting instructors to make arrangements for courses.
10. Attending weekly staff meetings and maintain effective communication with the Executive Director and Case Management staff in order to coordinate needs and duties.
11. Interacting with guest families in a respectful and appropriate way at all times. Assisting Case Managers in arranging for guest needs through donations, transportation coordination, or contacting community providers.
Other duties may be added, subject to guest and organizational needs.
· Passion to serve others
· Commitment to the mission and values of FPGW
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people
· Minimum of 2 or more years of administrative support experience and/or volunteer management
· Proficient computer skills are required. Experience in utilizing Microsoft Office applications and SalesForce.com strongly preferred
· Ability to work in a flexible way that allows for changes in assignments and priorities depending upon identified needs of the program
· Ability to work accurately, with interruptions, to meet deadlines
· Must be able to self-manage and work as a member of a team
· Valid Driver’s License and favorable driving record required