Do you have the heart, desire and passion along with the knowledge, skills and abilities it takes to help children, families and individuals who are struggling with behavioral or mental health disorders? Are you a team player, understanding the holistic approach and the importance of communication and collaboration? Do you want to become part of an organization that cares about your personal and professional growth? If you have answered YES to these three questions, then we should have a conversation!
Family Preservation Services (FPS) provides services in the client’s own environment or human services without walls. FPS does not own or operate any hospitals or residential facilities. Clients are served in their homes, neighborhoods, and communities. FPS began offering services in the Washington, DC area in the summer of 2004. FPS is certified ad licensed by the District of Columbia Department of Behavioral health (DBH) as a specialty provider. FPS accepts referrals from all District agencies.
FPS offers the following DBH Mental Health Rehabilitation Services:
Community Based Intervention (CBI)
CBI is offered in the child’s natural setting. This includes behavior support, case management, and referral to community-based sources of support. CBI services are provided to children and youth aged 6 to 21 years old and to their families.
Assertive Community Treatment (ACT)
ACT is a specialty service that involves a multidisciplinary team approach offered in the adult’s natural setting. ACT helps those with serious and persistent mental illness. ACT help those who have not been successfully engaged in services and/or those who have not benefited from traditional mental health services. ACT services are provided to individuals aged 25 and older.
Transitional Assertive Community Treatment (TACT)
TACT is a subset of ACT, serves consumers from 18-29. TACT help those who have not been successfully engaged in services and/or those who have not benefited from traditional mental health services.
Family Preservation Services (FPS) of DC has collaborated with Pathways and is seeking a dynamic individual to join our team, as a Substance Abuse Specialist is responsible for providing ethical quality, direct services to those with complex, severe and persistent mental illness. The Substance Abuse Specialist provides culturally competent, medically necessary, treatment, rehabilitation, and support services to FPS consumers and collateral supports in compliance with Mental Health Rehabilitation Services (MHRS) and federal regulatory standards. The Substance Abuse Specialist provides services in the home, community and the office.
****Must be willing to work early mornings, evenings, and weekends as per consumers’ needs****
DUTIES (Some of them)
- Provide authorized, skill-based, person-centered direct care services to individuals, family, groups and collateral supports as part of an integrated team
- Provide co-occurring treatment services to individuals struggling with substance use
- Provides on-going assessment of clients’ mental illness, symptoms and response to treatment. Facilitates the timely completion of required standardized assessments including LOCUS, GAINS, level of function, Columbia Suicide, etc.)
- On a rotational basis, provide on-call crisis intervention services as required and follows proper protocols during emergencies
- Provides supportive services (i.e. Medicaid, clinic appointments, social service entitlements) to support the consumer in the community
- Ensures that all required documentation is timely completed according to FPS and DBH standards. Documentation includes completion of treatment and crisis plans, updates and all required/requested reports and notes (billable services and non-billable services)
- Master’s Degree in Human Services (Psychology, Mental Health or Social Work, etc.) and 1 year experience post Masters clinical experience
- Valid unrestricted driver’s license and current automobile insurance
- Substance Abuse certification in DC
- Certified Addictions Certification (CAC) in DC
- Requires daily local travel
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- ACT/TACT or CBI experience preferred
FPS is committed to creating the best possible work environment for our team members and offers the following total rewards package:
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Sick Days
- Medical, Dental, Vision including a Health Savings Account
- Health, Dependent and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic and Optional Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse and/or Dependents
- 401 K Match 50% of the first 6% of eligible compensation up to an annual maximum of $750
- Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Training, Development and Continuing Education Credits for licensure requirements
- Opportunities for advancement! As we grow, you grow with us!
FPS is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.