Substance Abuse Specialist 1213946
Family Preservation Services, LLC. Metairie, LA
- Posted: January 21, 2021
Substance Abuse Counselor
Looking to do meaningful work helping others in the community as a Substance Abuse Counselor?
Family Preservation Services, part of Pathways – one of the largest national providers of accessible, outcome-based behavioral and mental health services, is in search of a compassionate, caring, growth-minded Substance Abuse Counselor.
For your passion and dedication as a Substance Abuse Counselor, we offer paid training, career advancement opportunities, medical/dental/vision, PTO, paid holidays, flexible part time or full time flexible schedule and much, much more (read below)! We realize that your growth is paramount to our continued reputation of quality and service excellence, so we are ready to invest in YOU from day one!
About your Role:
The Substance Abuse Counselor is a full time team member responsible for substance abuse assessment, treatment planning and service delivery tailored to the individual needs of the client.
Does the Following Apply to You?
- Master’s Degree from an accredited university or college with a major in the field of counseling, social work, psychology, nursing, rehabilitation, special education, health education, or a related human services field and two years’ professional experience providing services to persons with serious mental illness
- Relevant experience as follows: in recovery (personal) or community based counseling
*** Training is required in the following areas: initial assessments and evaluations; treatment planning and interventions: documentation: psychopharmacology; understanding the regulation for reporting child abuse and neglect; patient rights, crisis intervention to handle emergencies i.e. suicidal ideation, out of control behaviors etc***
- Current licensure as a Certified Addictions Counselor, Registered Addictions Counselor, Licensed Addictions Counselor, or hold an equivalent credential in substance counseling
- Current and active Louisiana Licensure as an LPC, LAC or LCSW, and it must be in good standing
Perks for working Full time at Pathways:
- 401 K Plan, Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Paid Vacation days that increase with tenure after the first year!
- Separate Paid Sick leave that rolls over each year
- Paid Holidays
- Opportunities for advancement in our national company! As we grow, you grow with us!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Perks @ Pathways (student loan refinancing, pet insurance, Verizon wireless discount, movie, hotel, concert and sporting event discounts)
If you're #readytowork Family Preservation Services is #readytohire!
Not the job you’re looking for?
Family Preservation Services has a variety of positions in various locations; please go to https://family-preservation-services-llc.careerplug.com/jobs
To Learn More About Us:
Pathways @ http://www.pathways.com/mission-vision-and-values/
Family Preservation Services @ http://familypreservationla.com/
Pathways is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.