Are you interested in working with a company that values people and has a passion for service? Do you want to become part of an organization that cares about your personal and professional growth? If you have answered YES to these questions, then you should consider working for Pathways!
Family Preservation Services is a subsidiary of Pathways and specializes in non-residential, community-based services for children, adolescents, and adults with severe emotional/ behavioral disorders who are also receiving Medicaid. The goal of FPS is to provide “Human Services Without Walls,” meaning that services are mostly provided in the client’s own environment and community.
FPS Team is seeking a dynamic individual to join our team as the Substance Abuse Specialist is a full time team member responsible for substance abuse assessment, treatment planning and service delivery tailored to the individual needs of the client.
All FPS programs share a primary commitment to providing care that builds upon client strengths, responds to client concerns, and utilizes natural support systems and community resources in helping clients accomplish treatment goals. FPS is continuously creating new programs in response to identified needs in the Greater New Orleans Community.
Community Based Programs
At FPS, we work with clients in the following ways:
- In-Home and In-School Counseling: Counseling services provided to children, adolescents, and adults in their natural environments
- Community Support Services: Services designed to assist clients in gaining skills needed to remain in their natural environments
- Family Counseling
- Parent Education
- Psychiatric Services and Medication Management
- 24-Hour Crisis Intervention
- Master’s Degree from an accredited university or college with a major in the field of counseling, social work, psychology, nursing, rehabilitation, special education, health education, or a related human services field and two years’ professional experience providing services to persons with serious mental illness
- Relavent experience as follows: in recovery (personal) or community based counseling
*** Training is required in the following areas: initial assessments and evaluations; treatment planning and interventions: documentation: psychopharmacology; understanding the regulation for reporting child abuse and neglect; patient rights, crisis intervention to handle emergencies i.e. suicidal ideation, out of control behaviors etc***
- Current licensure as a Certified Addictions Counselor, Registered Addictions Counselor, Licensed Addictions Counselor, or hold an equivalent credential in substance counseling
- Current and active Louisiana Licensure as an LPC, LAC or LCSW, and it must be in good standing
Pathways is committed to creating the best possible work environment for our team members and offers the following total rewards package:
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Sick Days
- Medical, Dental, Vision including a Health Savings Account
- Health, Dependent and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic and Optional Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse and/or Dependents
- 401k Plan
- Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Training, Development and Continuing Education Credits for licensure requirements
- Opportunities for advancement! As we grow, you grow with us!
Pathways is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.
Family Preservation Services, LLC.