LOOKING FOR QUALIFIED SUPER HEROES!!!!!!
Looking for a rewarding career? Come join Family Partners in the Adult Day Program!
Commitment to the Mission: This position requires an obligation to ensure that services are delivered consistent with the Family Partners, LLC Mission Statement along with the Mission Statement of the Division of Developmental Disabilities.
The Direct Support Professional (DSP) will provide specialized sensory-motor, cognitive, communicative, social interaction, and behavioral training to promote skill development in individuals who have developmental disabilities. The DSP will deliver services with compassion and respect.
1. Provide training and supervision for individuals to increase or maintain their socialization and adaptive skills.
2. Develop positive relationships and support for individuals and their caregivers.
3. Assist the individual in developing skills to achieve and maintain a quality of life that promotes their vision of the future.
4. Assist individuals in participating in meaningful age-appropriate activities and experience new activities.
5. Meet the physical needs of the individuals receiving services including attention to hygiene, health, and safety.
6. Implement habilitation goals as identified in the Individual Support Plan (ISP)
7. Provide opportunities for training and/or practice in basic consumer skills such as shopping, banking, money management, access and use of community resources, and community safety skills.
8. Develop, maintain, or enhance independent functioning skills in sensory-motor areas, cognition, and personal hygiene.
9. Assist the individuals in developing and maintaining friendships of their choice and provide training and support with social skills and problem solving.
10. Implement the daily curriculum and schedule for the day.
11. Maintain compliance with Division of Developmental Disabilities policies and procedures.
12. Perform special projects as directed by the Adult Day Services Director.
13. Maintain accurate and timely data collection sheets and progress reports. Complete Incident Reports, as needed.
14. Provide safe transportation in a large-capacity vehicle.
1. Always maintain professionalism while representing Family Partners, LLC
2. Maintain and work within the program’s budget.
3. Provide safe transportation to and from the program and community activities
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS, ENVIRONMENT
1. Possesses organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
2. Must have outstanding communication and social skills.
3. The ability to initiate tasks necessary for the program to run efficiently.
4. Daily cleaning and setting up equipment utilized for the program.
5. Must be able to lift no more than 50 lbs.
To function effectively in this position, the incumbent must possess a High School Diploma or G.E.D. The DSP must have knowledge of the company policies and procedures. The DSP must have a valid Arizona Driver’s License, current Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card, completed criminal history affidavit, approved notice from the Department of Economic Security central registry, and must have a reliable means of transportation with current insurance. The DSP must complete Article Nine Training, and Certification in Adult/Child/Infant CPR, and First Aid. The DSP must have the ability to address more than one project at a time while prioritizing the demands and issues in a busy operating environment.
This job description is intended to be a general statement about this position and is not to be considered a detailed assignment. This job description may be modified by Family Partners, LLC to adjust for necessary changes. I understand the above are job requirements and, at this time, I know of no limitations that would prevent me from performing these functions with or without accommodation.
Family Partners, LLC
Why Work Here?Family Partners has been supporting individuals with developmental disabilities in Arizona since 2000. We not only have services in our DTA, but also in Home Community Based Services and Developmental Homes services! We have 3 locations; Peoria, Avondale, and Yuma, and plan to add many more! Our teams are amazing at what they do and work hard advocating for our members. Check out our website at www.familypartners.net
Extremely rewarding position within a growing company.