Assistant Plant Manager – 2nd shift – Food Production – Manufacturing
United Staffing Solutions, a leader in staffing, is representing a well-known family owned food production company seeking an experienced Assistant Plant Manager to keep their operation running smoothly. This is a direct hire/permanent position with full benefits after a probationary period.
Convenient location in East New York, Brooklyn with employee parking lot available. The schedule for 2nd shift, Monday-Friday 3:15pm-11:45pm. Lots of OT available. Must be flexible to work OT on weekends.
Pay is $26-$29/hour depending on experience and qualifications. This role reports directly to the Director of Operations.
Responsibilities for the Assistant Plant Manager:
- Monitoring, training, and managing a shift of employees and their supervisors.
- Conducting performance reviews and providing coaching and/or guidance to all direct reports.
- Developing hands knowledge of fillers, packers, seamers, palletizers, de-palletizers, product elevators, conveyors, video-jets, prints and apply, etc.
- Participating in and coordinating employees in designated food safety projects.
- Performing daily Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and pre-operational inspections.
- Overseeing end of shift cleaning and ensuring that all lines are ready for the next day’s production.
- Preparing and sending out daily production reports to all Managers, Directors, and Executives.
Requirements for the Assistant Plant Manager:
- Must have at least 5-7 years of experience with Plant Management in a manufacturing environment.
- Spanish language skills are strongly preferred due to the high percentage of Spanish speaking plant workers.
- Ability to manage others and delegate tasks.
- Flexible schedule. Must be able to work OT on weekdays and weekends.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity work with a company that is a household name. Use your skills and experience right in Brooklyn! We are interviewing daily. Apply now for immediate consideration.
Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
Family Owned Food Production Company
Why Work Here?This Company Describes Its Culture as: Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
Great benefits, long-standing, iconic family owned business