Math Teacher 2021-2022
Family Life Academy Charter Schools New York, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under the supervision of the school principal, the middle school mathematics teacher develops each student’s competencies in mathematical skills and a deep conceptual understanding of math through a problem solving curriculum aligned with the New York State Next Generation Learning Standards. The mathematics teacher facilitates the successful implementation of rigorous standards-based curriculum to ensure students master the standards and meet the academic goals and is responsive to diverse learning needs of all students including general education, students with disabilities and English Language Learners. The mathematics teacher works with the school administrators to implement school procedures and policies and communicates with students’ parents, guardians and/or caregivers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of grade level math curriculum to engage students in problem solving, modeling and reading to develop mastery in mathematics.
- Develops engaging standard-based problem-solving lessons using concrete, pictorial, and abstract learning progression through real-world and hands-on activities using Math in Focus and FLACS network developed curriculum maps as a blueprint.
- Plans, prepares, and facilitates daily standards-based lessons that utilize a variety of instructional strategies that differentiate teaching based on the diverse and individual needs of all students including general education, students with disabilities, and ELLs.
- Establishes a culture of learning to engage students in rigorous standards-based mathematics curriculum to ensure students master the state standards and are prepared to enter high school.
- Focuses on the integration of literacy skills across mathematics content, which includes explicit vocabulary development, reading, writing, speaking, and listening standards.
- Integrates technology into the curriculum and classroom.
- Designs and implements assessments that measure progress towards academic standards.
- Uses assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices to create a classroom culture of data-driven decision making to close the achievement gap for all students including general education, students with disabilities, and ELLs.
- Creates a classroom environment of respect and rapport to ensure a safe, caring, and orderly school environment which nurtures the unique needs of each student.
- Participates in collaborative curriculum and professional development, professional learning communities, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions.
- Seeks to actively know students’ strengths and challenge areas and communicates effectively with parents.
- Upholds the FLACS mission, core beliefs, and educational philosophy.
- Embodies the FLACS Middle School core values of scholarship, integrity, empathy, grit, and global citizenship.
- Reflects on their practice and is a lifelong learner who strives to improve instructional effectiveness and guide professional growth.
- Engages and collaborates with colleagues and the community to develop and sustain a common culture that supports high expectations for student learning.
- Establishes ongoing communication with families, guardians, and caregivers to enhance student development and success.
- Demonstrates self-motivation and willingness to be a team player.
- Bachelors degrees required; master’s degree is preferred
- Prior satisfactory teaching experience preferred
- New York State Teaching Certification in Mathematics (grades 5-9) and/or Mathematics (grades 7-12) and/or Generalist in Middle Childhood Education (grades 5-9)
- Experience or willingness to learn the Singapore math curriculum preferred.
- Dual certification in English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) or Students with Disabilities is a plus
- Clearance for fingerprint and criminal background check
It is the policy of FLACS to provide educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage and citizenship status, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex) or prior record of arrest or convictions (except as provided by law), and to maintain an environment free of discriminatory harassment, including sexual harassment, or retaliation, as required by civil rights law.
Powered by JazzHR
Family Life Academy Charter Schools
AddressNew York, NY
EducationView all jobs at Family Life Academy Charter Schools