Family Legacy is immediately hiring for our VP of Short-Term Missions leadership position!
*This position is located in metro Dallas/Ft. Worth. You must be able to commute to this location.*
Relocation assistance will be considered for the ideal candidate!
Our mission is to bring hope and transformation to Zambia's most vulnerable children. This position is responsible for oversight and management of all Family Legacy mission trips including Camp Life, Graduation Trip, Celebration Trip, and third-party trips hosted by partner organizations.
The VP is responsible for formatting and scheduling all activities that take place during regular daily and evening programming and is responsible for supervision of exempt employees (STM), volunteers and Summer Staff. The ideal candidate should be able to multi-task, remain organized at all times, and be extremely detail oriented
- Represent Family Legacy in a positive manner by providing excellent customer service at all times. Serves as a role model and adheres to Standards of Behaviors. Handles requests and concerns in a friendly, fair and impartial manner. Supports the Ministry’s mission, vision and values
- Facilitate planning committee for Camp Life and other mission trips including selecting team of representatives from key departments and scheduling and facilitating regular meetings
- Facilitate discussions related to program changes or key decisions; making final decision when needed
- Manage US-based Short-Term Missions Team responsible for participant recruitment, registration and preparation
- Oversight of team who manages travel logistics and involvement with key partnership relationships for side trips and airline travel
- Marketing of and recruitment for mission trip experiences
- Participant preparation including in-person meetings, email communication, and individual contacts such as phone calls/emails from staff
- Procurement of all key materials including merchandise, food, or other consumables needed for program in Zambia
- Management of on-ground logistics and program such as transportation, lodging, event schedule, and staff assignments
- Programming of all activities, ensuring staff needed are aware of goals, content, and schedule
- Present regularly to participates at group gatherings regarding announcements, schedule, or other updates
- Provide excellent customer service to all participants
- Serve as escalation point for all concerns or requests for exception to policies/procedures
- Ensure all needed policies/procedures are in place, documented, and clearly communicated to all relevant team members or participants
- Facilitate process of reviewing and revising policies/procedures as needed (including gathering feedback from team members, participants, key leaders such as CEO, and board members)
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, make timely decisions and advise staff and consultants on multiple projects, priorities and deadlines while providing timely, comprehensive feedback
- Proven ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and an interest in building a strong organizational culture
- Willingness to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality
- Exceptional program and budget management skills
- Excellent oral, written, grammar, proofreading and communications skills that demonstrate capacity to present a compelling case; persuade, engage and excite while incorporating creativity and ensuring accuracy
- Proven results leveraging available resources effectively to meet program objectives
- Personal commitment to (and passion for) Family Legacy’s mission
- Project management skills
- Ability to interact with diplomacy and tact amid influential constituents and diverse groups
- Ability to maintain relationships with significant and influential individuals
- Ability to be a team player
- Organized, detail-oriented and ability to multi-task and prioritize
Full Benefits! Compensation DOE.
We look forward to your application!
Family Legacy Missions International
Why Work Here?Family Legacy is a dynamic Christian Missionary Organization committed to serving the vulnerable children of Zambia. We exist to glorify God by empowering vulnerable children in Zambia to live out their God-given potential.
Join us in empowering vulnerable children of Zambia to live out their God given potential!
San Antonio, TX