Family Legacy is a Christian 501c3 nonprofit organization that is focused on serving vulnerable and orphan children of Zambia in a holistic manner; spiritually, intellectually, physically, and emotionally. Our primary support to these children comes in the form of providing a Christian education at our 24 grade 1-12 schools or our orphanage that is home to over 700 children. The work Family Legacy does transforms lives daily, both for the children we serve, as well as the sponsors who support us. The organization is at an exciting point of growth and is in the process of re-imagining its brand strategy, including its look and feel.
We are seeking a visionary creative director with stellar design skills to help bring this enhanced brand and marketing strategy to life. Our ideal candidate possesses an understanding of the conceptual and practical design and knows what looks good and can explain why. He or she will work a 50/50 split of creative direction and graphic design. Light photo and video editing skills, as well as, digital illustrations skills are a plus.
· Championing Family Legacy’s vision to empower vulnerable and orphaned children in Zambia to live out their God-given potential.
· Execute a new portfolio of marketing communications from a revised brand strategy and look/feel.
· Own and champion brand design and tone, as well as creative leadership throughout the entire organization.
· Bring stellar, forward-looking design concepts, and graphic design skills to each project.
· Work within a team environment advocating traditional and digital design best practices with humility and a willingness to teach and engage others.
· A bachelor’s degree in graphic design.
· Understanding of both print and digital media.
· 7-10 years of professional experience.
· Highly skilled in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop and typography, letter kerning and spacing with secondary skills and experience in PowerPoint, Word Press, Mail Merge, and some light front end programming.
The ideal candidate for this role should:
· Be able to generate ideas, prototypes, create thumbnail sketches, and translate user needs into elegant solutions for complex problems, taking projects from concept to completion.
· Able to commit to and maintain schedule deadlines with minimal oversight and supervision.
· Produce work with a high level of craft.
· Foster continuous and collaborative communication between stakeholders and team members from different workgroups.
· Create thumbnail sketches to draft design ideas.
· Interest and passion for the people of Africa, as well as the willingness to travel there to ensure both the emotional and function brand is expressed through our creativity.
Only candidates who submit a portfolio and salary requirements will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Visit www.familylegacy.com for more information about Family Legacy.