Hospitality Services Coordinator Job Description
(Part-Time, weekends from 3pm-11pm)
The Hospitality Services Coordinator is responsible for hospitably meeting the needs, and providing a home away from home experience, for families staying with us at Family House. This includes, yet is not limited to, the meeting, greeting and orienting of the families to the house and ensuring that they feel well cared for and know the resources available to them throughout their stay.
The Hospitality Services Coordinator shall report to the Hospitality Services Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide the utmost of hospitality, compassion, heartfelt care and service in all interactions.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Other duties as assigned by the Family Services Manager.
- Professionalism and sensitivity when dealing with hospital staff, team members, volunteers and families.
- Answer phones and welcome visitors.
- Schedule new and returning families.
- Orientation of new families.
- Check in and out guests via the property management system.
- Maintain phone systems for office and family use.
- Maintain and update patient registration materials.
- Maintain and appropriately distribute family amenities based on the various processes.
- Maintain and update household signage and electronic messaging.
- Assist with guest transportation as described in the Family House Guest Transportation Process.
- Maintain key control and daily security procedures.
- Understand all details of House systems, operations and emergency procedures.
- Monitor resident families for rule violations and implement corrective measures as necessary.
- Maintain a supply of household items for families in residence
- Identify maintenance issues and communicate with the Director of Facilities to make or schedule repairs.
- Adhere to, and support all safety measures to ensure a safe environment for the team and families.
- Enthusiastically attend and actively participate in scheduled staff meetings, as well as mandatory training sessions.
- Flexibility to work on all 7 days of the week, various shifts during all times of the day, evening and night hours.
- Complete and submit all pass-on logs, and required reports accurately and timely.
- Support volunteers working with you.
- Maintain strict confidentiality with all employee, volunteer, guest/family, and donor information.
- Exhibit professionalism and sensitivity when dealing with hospital staff, team members, vendors, guests, volunteers and families in crisis.
- Adhere to all family service standards including appropriate phone etiquette, greetings and family care.
- Maintain Salesforce database records for accuracy, and update as needed, including family, foundation, corporation, volunteer and individual donor files.
- Must be committed to our mission and agree to be an ambassador of Family House.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the housekeeping team with room inspections, cleaning, linens, and updating computer system of room status to ensure a clean and welcoming environment for all team and family members.
- Perform basic maintenance tasks in absence of engineering team members (ie: unclog toilets, change light bulbs etc.)
(Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).
Education and/or Experience High School Diploma (AA or BA preferred) or 2+ years of equivalent hospitality service experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be capable to successfully prioritize, organize and multi-task.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Typing minimum 40+ words per minute.
- Work effectively under pressure.
- Recognize when decisions or information should be referred to a higher authority.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, work environments, and management styles.
- Ability to develop and apply creative and innovative solutions to problems.
- Ability to effectively recognize and resolve conflicts and mediate disputes.
- Resourceful and maintain a positive attitude.
- Maintain effective and open communication.
- Must be able to conduct daily business with integrity and be ethical at all times.
- Be able to work well under pressure and meet or beat deadlines.
- Ability to encourage and facilitate cooperation, teamwork and pride.
- Ability to model high standards of honesty, integrity, trust and ethical behavior.
Ability to read, write and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with the staff, board, families and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, (including but not limited to patients, families, parents, board members, staff, neighbors, volunteers and funders) while exhibiting a consistent level of care and professionalism. Ability to also speak and comprehend Spanish is preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone, reach above and below shoulder level. Frequent sitting and working on computers. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds. The employee will frequently be requested to work weekends, evenings, and mid shifts, as there is no set schedule.
New Market Tax Credit Program
As a requirement of our participation in the New Markets Tax Credit program, certain individuals that are offered employment must be below a certain income level at the time they begin their employment with us. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Family House Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Family House seeks candidates whose skills, personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to provide compassionate heartfelt care and hospitality to the families and team we serve.
Please send your resumé along with your cover letter to Hospitality Services Manager, Jon Hodo, at email@example.com.