Family Health West San Antonio, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
You belong here! At Family Health West, you’re more than an employee, you’re family.
Family Health West is looking for a passionate and energetic Pediatric Neuropsychologist with a strong clinical background to join our Pediatric Rehabilitation team. Our growing Pediatric Rehabilitation program is the largest in western Colorado, boasting outstanding physical, speech, and occupational therapy services for our young patients.
When you enter our facility, you know it’s Family Health West because, well, the color speaks for itself. You’ll be part of a team that strives to bring color to care in a vibrant environment by creating fun, effective treatment programs helping to empower and inspire our patients while providing tools and skills they need to meet the demands of development.
Welcomed by open arms and warm smiles, you’ll join a team that encourages professional growth. We are sure to put on our listening ears when you share new ideas and approaches to care because that’s what got us to the top! You’ll wear your badge proudly, knowing that you contribute each day, to providing care that is unmatched, in western Colorado.
When we say you’ll do what you love, we mean it! At Family Health West, we have robust and comprehensive therapy programs offering exposure to many specialties including ortho/neuro, driving, autism, orthotics, post-COVID, wheelchair management, and more.
So, what are you waiting for?! Fill out the application now, and when you hit send do a little happy dance knowing that you just made our day. If it still sounds too good to be true, come see for yourself. Call us to schedule a tour and meet your new best friends!
About Family Health West
Our roots go deep -- founded by the community in 1946, it’s no wonder our hospital feels like coming home. We were built from the ground up with the hands of our own community, a labor of dedication and hope by our people, for our people, for the future.
At Family Health West we go beyond what corporate hospitals deliver, we’ve created a culture of prosperity where warmth, passion, and care flourishes. As we focus on continually improving outcomes for patients, our network of healthcare providers includes a 25-bed critical access hospital, one of the largest rehab providers in western Colorado, outpatient surgical services, specialty clinics, emergency services, skilled nursing, and assisted living facilities.
Nestled at the base of the Colorado National Monument, Family Health West has an outdoor paradise at your back door. The community culture is fitting for outdoor lovers, bikers, hikers, or those just simply soaking in the panoramic views.
The neuropsychologist will be responsible for a wide range of testing and treatment within a number of areas including: intellectual reasoning capacity, academic achievement, attention capacities, memory abilities, and social and emotional functioning. The individual will also have an integral role within our ADOS testing and assessment with speech therapy, occupational therapy and social worker team members. The neuropsychologist’s supplementary testing responsibilities will be a critical component of the ADOS assessments.
1. Reliable and punctual attendance is essential; expected to be at job as scheduled each scheduled day.
2. Communicate necessary information to others as appropriate.
3. Evaluate and treat pediatric outpatients, with a wide spectrum of developmental diagnoses.
4. Perform an appropriate assessment on each patient, as related to the therapy requested and provided, and reassessing as per policy.
5. Formulate a teaching plan based on identified learning needs and evaluating effectiveness of learning; family is included in teaching, as appropriate.
6. Demonstrate knowledge and proficiency of pediatric neuropsychology testing and treatment modalities
7. Treat patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identify and address psychosocial needs of patients and families.
8. Manage and operate equipment safely and correctly. Maintain department cleanliness and safety.
9. Interact professionally with patient/family and involve patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
10. Communicate appropriately and clearly to physicians, staff, and administrative team.
11. Coordinate and direct patient care to ensure patients’ needs are met and organizational policy is followed.
12. Maintain records pertinent to the personnel and operation of the department.
13. Demonstrate an ability to be flexible, organized, and function under stressful situations.
14. Maintain a good working relationship, both within the department and with other departments.
15. Consult other departments as appropriate to collaborate in patient care and performance improvement activities.
16. Ensure that patient charges are accurate and entered within 24 hours of service.
17. Complete required documentation, including progress notes, daily notes, discharge notes, and insurance forms within 24 hours of service. Complete patient evaluations within 72 hours of service.
18. Participate in educational staff performance improvement in services. Assist with orientation and in-service training for certified department staff members. Participate in guidance and educational programs.
19. Coordinate, delegate, and supervise responsibilities assigned to supportive staff (Rehabilitation Services, Aides, etc.).
20. Ensure that patient charges are accurate and entered on a timely basis.
21. Participate in infection control, departmental equipment training, and organizational safety and fire safety programs.
22. Perform Neuropsychology services off campus as directed by Rehab Manager/Director. Comply fully with FHW driver policies, processes, and procedures.
23. Other job related duties as assigned.
1. Offer willingness to fill in at all rehabilitation department facilities when staffing patterns require.
2. Maintains patient/resident/employee privacy and confidentiality at all times.
3. Other job related duties as assigned.
Wage Range: $ 38.10 to $52.30
Immunizations required for employment, including COVID-19.
FHW offers a full benefits package including:
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES:
Employee Assistance Program
403 (B) with 4% match from FHW and zero day vesting schedule
FOR FULL TIME EMPLOYEES WORKING AT LEAST 30 HOURS A WEEK
Medical Plan Options:
- PPO plan with copay/coinsurance and lower deductible
- High Deductible Health Plan with the option for a Health Savings Account.
- Telemedicine includes in both plan options.
Life Insurance/ Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Disability Insurance with a Short and Long Term Option.
Critical Illness and Accident Plans
Cafeteria Options: Health Reimbursement/ Flex Savings / Dependent Childcare
A host of other options to include: Pet Insurance, Identity Protection, Travel protection, etc.
Family Health WestWhy Work Here?
At Family Health West, we strive to be the best place to receive care, the best place to practice medicine and the best place to work!
At Family Health West, everything revolves around our mission. We strive to be the best place to receive care, the best place to practice medicine and the best place to work! Family Health West has been serving the lower valley for over 60 years. We are dedicated in supporting the local community for all of their healthcare needs. Situated at the foot of the Colorado National Monument, Fruita hosts a number of outdoor activities that you can participate in all year long! From mountain biking, to hiking, to kayaking, if you love the outdoors, Fruita is for you! Fruita has a small town feel and is just a 10 minute drive from Grand Junction which has all of your larger-town amenities. Family Health West offers a comprehensive benefits package and an excellent family-like culture that is rooted in Service Excellence. We want you to join our dynamic team of healthcare professionals!
228 N Cherry Street FruitaSan Antonio, TX