Meet with patients, their families, guardians or agency representatives and complete behavioral health diagnostic assessment. Provide psychotherapy for individuals who qualify for services on site.
Working within a clinic setting, the successful candidate will provide counseling that includes assessment, individual counseling, and case management; will possess strong crisis intervention and problem-solving skills. This person will work in a team environment, possess an internal drive for results and enjoy a fast-paced environment.
- Creates positive relationship with patients, their families, guardians or agency representatives.
- Provides psychotherapy for individuals who qualify for services on site.
- Advocates and refers individuals with serious mental illness and/or substance abuse/addiction to community agencies for treatment.
- Networks with local social service agencies and educational agencies to remain knowledgeable about available services and the referral process for those services.
- Provides crisis intervention services when on site.
- Frequent contact with staff of community agencies and the general public. Daily contact with agency staff. Must develop and maintain positive relationship with all of the above.
- When working in the outreach/school district setting, adhere to district policies and procedures for student referrals, release of student information, and receipt of information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to the standards and policies of the Organizational Privacy/Security and Compliance Programs, including the duty to comply with applicable laws and regulations (HIPAA, OSHA, OIG, guidelines, other State and Federal Laws). This also includes reporting to the Board of Directors, Compliance Officer, Privacy Officer, supervisor, suggestion box, and any suspected unethical, fraudulent, or unlawful acts of practices.
Required Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field with licensure and credentials per the State of Ohio.
- Two years work-related experience in social service field.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in a community health setting.
- Experience working with youth and adult populations.
- Licensed Independent Social Worker in the state of Ohio.
This position is full-time, Monday through Friday, no weekends, holidays or call.
Family Health Services is a National Health Service Corps (NHSC) approved health care site, allowing the LISW to apply for the NHSC Loan Repayment Program. Qualify for up to $50,000 to help pay back your student loans, following 2-year Service Commitment.
Family Health Services
Why Work Here?Family Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug and nicotine free workplace.
Family Health Services is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) providing quality primary, dental & behavioral healthcare to all.