FAMILY NURSE PRACTITIONER
- Posted: over a month ago
JOB TITLE: Nurse Practitioner CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Family Medicine REPORTS TO: CMO
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION
Provide the full scope of primary care services under his/her field of training, including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance to patients without regard to payer status, race, ethnicity or sexual orientation. Is a member of the Interdisciplinary Team, participating in quality improvement and practice management improvements together with colleagues and ancillary staff. Works to achieve clinical outcome measures and the objectives of the FHCB Health Care Plan. Has a working knowledge of Joint Commission and NCQA standards and requirements.
Exhibits and promotes a standard of excellence in the performance of all duties and interactions with patients, co-workers, and outside contacts.
FHCB Health Systems mission is to provide Quality, Integrated and Coordinated Care (QuIC). FHCB Health System is 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that accomplishes a wide range of work and partners with diverse organizations and community stakeholders to reach its restoration, greening, and advocacy goals. Read more at www.FHCB.org
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- The Nurse Practitioner shall provide primary care services to FHCB patients, in conformity with the standards of his/her specialty and the administrative and finance policies of Family Health Centers of Baltimore.
- Practices evidence based medicine, using U.S. Preventive Task Force guidelines. Obtain health history and perform physical examinations. Review incoming reports (e.g. lab, x-ray, EKG) sign, date and follow-up in a timely manner.
- Diagnose and provide direct medical care for each patient on a plan for treatment. Set self-management expectations for clinical patients.
- Prescribe medication in accordance with Maryland law and professional practice guidelines.
- Arrange referral for patients requiring services not offered at FHCB. Communicate effectively with consultants and outside specialists as appropriate
- Comply with the FHCB Infection Control plan and ensure compliance by support staff.
- Participate in peer review, quality assurance, provider meetings, and other clinical meetings.
- Participates in at least one performance improvement initiative annually in collaboration with direct reports, peers, clinical coordinator and other center staff.
- Complete chart documentation within the required 48 hour window routinely.
- In conjunction with nurse manager, monitor patient flow, supervise clinical support staff, and facilitate the patient centered medical home model.
- Make cost effective use of FHCB resources and medical supplies
- Make judicious use of administrative time, completing charting and other administrative responsibilities in the administrative time allotted. Complete clinical peer reviews, medical incident reports or other time-sensitive responsibilities.
- Teach Nursing, NP, PA, students.
1. Familiarity with electronic Medical Record System. Athena preferred.
2. Familiarity with CRISP.
3. Vaccine for children certification.
4. Knowledge of FQHC operations, operating principles, and guidelines.SKILLS
1. Ambulatory experience.
2. BLS/CPR certification; SCLS preferred.
3. Effectively utilize computer and appropriate software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, Etc.
4. Clinical Physician Examination Skills
5. Ability to interpret lab and imaging results.
6. treatment and follow up plan development.PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
- Compliance with FHCB Health Care Plan Policies
- Evidence based practice
- Complete and accurate medical coding and charting in electronic health record within 48 hours.
- Participation in quality improvement program, including at least one performance improvement initiative annually.
- Establishes priorities; coordinates work activities to meet FHCB program and QI objectives.
- Effectively supervises direct reports and delegates appropriately.
- Maintains a neat and clean work area.
- Works in the community to engage patient enrollment.
- Attendance and punctuality.
- Master’s or Doctorate in Nursing Practice
- Successful completion of an accredited post-graduate Nurse Practitioner educational program
- Maryland Advance Practice Registered Nurse license required.
- Certified by AANP or ANCC
- Specialization is primary care (Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Women’s Health, and Pediatrics) strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 1 years of direct patient care required, Ambulatory Care; preferred
- Current Maryland license to practice. Current DEA and CDS license required.
Family Health Centers of Baltimore
HealthcareView all jobs at Family Health Centers of Baltimore