Peer Support Specialist RSC Program
Family Guidance Centers, Inc. Manteno, IL
- Expired: October 22, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Family Guidance Centers, Inc. (FGC), a not-for-profit behavioral healthcare organization, treats and prevents substance abuse, as well as an array of other related problems. Since 1969, FGC's comprehensive programming has educated and guided individuals toward their full potential as productive members within their own families and our society.
Family Guidance Centers Inc. offers opportunities for individuals with an interested in behavioral health. Our organization provides a comprehensive benefit package for full time employment that includes health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance and a 401k pension plan. Vacation, sick and personal days with 11 paid holidays off are included in our paid time off compensation package.
Essential Duites and Responsibilities: The peer Support Specialist will primarily focus on working with clients with substance abuse problems to enhance their recovery. Duties are performed in a residential setting, to be completed within 3 days of patient enrollment. This service will be provided to individuals and groups.
- Interviews RSC patients within 24 hours of admission.
- Assists patient to identify potential family and community supports available on their return to the community.
- Provides information and support for patient's family and other significant relationships, with a goal of creating understanding of SUD/MAT services, with new knowledge utilized to support the patient post RSC or other treatment programs.
- Provides individualized, ongoing, guidance, coaching and support.
- Provides training in the use of personal and community resources.
- Assists in developing formal and informal community supports.
- Assists the person served increasing social support networks of relatives, friends and/or significant others.
- Offers encouragement in times of crisis and stress to eliminate potential barriers to one's ongoing recovery.
- Advocates on behalf of persons with behavioral health problems to protect the client's rights and to assist in reducing associated stigma.
- Participates in required staff meetings, supervisions and needed trainings as deemed by Clinical Program Manager.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Schedule: Monday thru Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm
Compensation:$16.00 per hourLocation: 333 W. Evergreen Street, Manteno, IL 60950 Family Guidance Centers, Inc. is an EEO, Drug Free Employer. Experience and Skills:
Education and Experience:
A minimum of a high school diploma or GED with some formal or informal experience in behavioral healthcare and/or community relations arena is preferred. Past or present consumer of substance abuse services with a history of managing one's own illness. Awareness of the importance of recovery in living with an addiction problem. Past experience working directly with people ina service oriented field is beneficial. Active membershiop in a consumer advocacy or self-help group.
Certifications: Candidate must possess a valid Illinois Driver's License
If you are having difficulties with the application process, please click here Accredited by:
2020 Family Guidance Centers, Inc