Family Guidance Centers, Inc. (FGC), a not-for-profit behavioral healthcare organization, treats and prevents substance abuse, as well as an array of other related problems. Since 1969, FGC's comprehensive programming has educated and guided individuals toward their full potential as productive members within their own families and our society.
Family Guidance Centers Inc. offers opportunities for individuals with an interested in behavioral health. Our organization provides a comprehensive benefit package for full time employment that includes health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance and a 401k pension plan. Vacation, sick and personal days with 11 paid holidays off are included in our paid time off compensation package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Office Manager:
- Front desk duties include answering phones, ensuring all phone inquiries are routed appropriately, take messages as needed, and redirect callers to appropriate resources as needed.
- Manage lobby area, greet visitors, check in clients, request and receive payments from clients, coordinate payment plans as needed.
- Administer toxicology testing for clients as needed; ensure appropriate tracking, storage, and chain of custody processes.
- Maintain communication with local agencies and resources needed to ensure quality client care and provide appropriate referrals as needed.
- Handle client inquiries and complaints.
- Care Coordinator:
- Assessment: Completes a comprehensive assessment of care management needs (i.e. necessary service elements) and documents in SAMMS for use in initial and ongoing treatment planning. This includes identification of resources needed such as; substance use recovery supports, medical, mental health, dental, housing, employment, childcare, transportation, financial assistance with budgeting or application for benefits, etc.
- Planning: Identifies and documents a plan with objectives and timelines for accessing and utilizing needed services (this information will be integrated into the patient’s treatment plan).
Work Location: 727 Broadway
Schedule: Monday thru Friday 6:00 am - 2:30 pm
Number of Openings: 1
Salary starting at $15.00 hourly
Family Guidance Centers, Inc is a Drug Free Environment, an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Education and Experience: Minimum Associate degree or some completed college courses or a year of related field experience required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required. Understanding of substance use disorders, mental disorders, and importance of well- coordinated care required. Basic knowledge of the local care service delivery system and skills in motivating patient behavior and coordinating direct care linkage required. Two years of experience working with substance use and/or mental health preferred.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations: IAODAPCA Certification of Assessment and Referral Specialist (CARS) required within 2 years from date of hire.