Family Guidance Centers, Inc. (FGC), a not-for-profit behavioral healthcare organization, treats and prevents substance abuse, as well as an array of other related problems. Since 1969, FGC's comprehensive programming has educated and guided individuals toward their full potential as productive members within their own families and our society.
Family Guidance Centers Inc. offers opportunities for individuals with an interested in behavioral health. Our organization provides a comprehensive benefit package for full time employment that includes health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance and a 401k pension plan. Vacation, sick and personal days with 11 paid holidays off are included in our paid time off compensation package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop patient treatment plans and conducts continued stay review based on research, clinical experience, and patients’ histories - using SAMMS assessment on computer. Provide patient intakes, treatment planning, case coordination, staffing, aftercare planning and discharge with individual and group therapy for a full spectrum of referral sources.
- Provides mental health assessments, constructs treatment plans and provides therapy services to clients with serious mental illnesses in accordance with Illinois DMH Rule 132 requirements.
- Provides direct clinical service to a full caseload, achieving a minimum of 20 billable hours weekly.
- Complete and maintain accurate records or reports regarding patients’ histories and progress, services provided, or other required information.
- Assess individual’s degree of drug dependency by collecting and analyzing drug screening samples.
- Interview patients, review records and confer with other professionals to evaluate individual’s mental health and physical condition and to determine their suitability for participation in a specific program.
- Review and evaluate patients’ progress in relation to measurable goals described in treatment and care plans.
- Modify treatment plans to comply with changes in patient status.
- Intervene as an advocate for patients or patients to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
- Counsel patients individually, or in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, or making changes.
- Confer with family members or others close to patients to keep them informed of treatment planning and progress (written authorization by patient must be obtained - refer to Federal Confidentiality Regulations for substance abuse treatment).
- Counsels family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, and supporting patients (written authorization by patient must be obtained - refer to Federal Confidentiality Regulations for substance abuse treatment).
- Provide patients or family members with information about addiction issues and about available services or programs, making appropriate referrals when necessary.
- Plan or implement follow-up or aftercare programs for patients to be discharged from treatment programs.
- Follow progress of discharged patients to determine effectiveness of treatments.
- Supervise or direct other workers providing services to patients.
- Mentor student interns or new staff members.
Work Location: 15400 Page Avenue
Number of Openings: 1
Salary starting at $35,600 with certification or license
Start Date : 12/16/2019
Family Guidance Centers, Inc is a Drug Free Environment, an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or a related discipline from an accredited institution preferred. Master’s degree preferred, not required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: IAODAPCA Certified Alcohol and Other Drugs Counselor required. State of Illinois Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Social Worker or Licensed Clinical Social Worker preferred.