Family Guidance Centers, Inc. (FGC), a not-for-profit behavioral healthcare organization, treats and prevents substance abuse, as well as an array of other related problems. Since 1969, FGC's comprehensive programming has educated and guided individuals toward their full potential as productive members within their own families and our society.
Family Guidance Centers Inc. offers opportunities for individuals with an interested in behavioral health. Our organization provides a comprehensive benefit package for full time employment that includes health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance and a 401k pension plan. Vacation, sick and personal days with 11 paid holidays off are included in our paid time off compensation package.
- Develop patient treatment plans and conducts continued stay review based on research, clinical Provide patient intakes, treatment planning, case coordination, staffing, aftercare planning and discharge with individual and group therapy for a full spectrum of mental health referrals.
- Complete and maintain accurate records or reports regarding patients’ histories and progress, services provided, or other required information.
- Interview patients, review records and confer with other professionals to evaluate individual’s mental and physical condition and to determine their suitability for participation in a specific program.
- Coordinate counseling efforts with mental health professionals or other health professionals, such as doctors, nurses, or social workers.
- Review and evaluate patients’ progress in relation to measurable goals described in treatment and care plans.
- Modify treatment plans to comply with changes in patient status.
- Intervene as an advocate for patients or patients to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
- Counsel patients individually or in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, or making changes.
- Confer with family members or others close to patients to keep them informed of treatment planning and progress (written authorization by patient must be obtained – refer to Federal Confidentiality Regulations for substance abuse treatment).
- Counsels family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, and supporting patients (written authorization by patient must be obtained – refer to Federal Confidentiality Regulations for substance abuse treatment).
- Provide patients or family members with information about addiction issues and about available services or programs, making appropriate referrals when necessary.
- Plan or implement follow-up or aftercare programs for patients to be discharged from treatment programs.
Work Location: 120 North Eleventh St, Springfield IL 62703
Schedule: Monday thru Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm hours may vary depending on the needs of the agency
Number of Openings: 1
Starting Salary: $60,000
Start Date : ASAP
Family Guidance Centers, Inc is a Drug Free Environment, an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Education and/or Experience: Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or a related discipline from an accredited institution preferred. The BOP Mental Health Therapist has the education, skills and experience to conduct a clinical assessment, develop a plan of treatment and provide treatment for a person with mental illness, under the supervision of a Licensed Clinical Social Worker [LCSW].
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: State of Illinois Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Social Worker or Licensed Clinical Social Worker required.
Properly administer and read alcohol analyzers.
Ability to use analytical software.
Ability to use calendar and scheduling software.
Experience using desktop computers, copier, and fax machine.
Experience using electronic mail software.