The Service Coordination Manager (SCM) is responsible for the service coordination for assigned clients and management of field nurses and aides, maintenance and upkeep of scheduling records and applicable log books and documentation per state and accreditation requirements. Staffing coordination duties include the accurate and timely communication of scheduling changes between office, clients and their caregivers, and field staff.
While working directly with clients and field team members, the Service Coordination Manager is responsible for learning and developing an understanding of all facets of the business in a fast-paced setting. With strong operational support from Family First Homecare, the Service Coordination Manager will focus on driving communication and increasing the quality of homecare service to clients while facilitating a constructive and encouraging environment for field team members. Our core philosophy of treating clients and staff like family will require the Service Coordination Manager to focus on building relationships with clients and community partners in order to fortify the culture Family First Homecare values as an organization.
While using established methods to maintain recruiting momentum, the Service Coordination Manager will gain experience in human resources, recruiting, billing and payroll processes, quality coordination of care, customer service strategy, referral source management, contract negotiations, community involvement, and more.
Additional responsibilities include representing Family First Homecare and its services in a competent, professional and responsive manner while maintaining standards of high-quality customer service in accordance with all state, local and federal requirements, rules and regulations.
- Maintains a current patient roster or “casebook” with all pertinent staffing information.
- Updates client schedules and any other required information within operating software.
- Prepares monthly schedule for clients and field staff and provides copies for distribution.
- Assists in coordinating services provided to patients.
- Controls and monitors schedule changes.
- Checks compliance of shifts and visits done (on master schedule) after all notes are matched to charges, brings any scheduling problems to the supervisor's attention immediately.
- Assists in taking referrals, makes copies of referral sheets for Payroll/Billing Manager and on-call coordinator when requested.
- Coordinates with internal clinical staff on role in making calls hospital Social Services department to notify them that an Agency patient has been admitted to their hospital.
- Assists in relaying messages to field staff, office staff and community liaisons, gives and takes reports from the on-call coordinator.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor, DON or Administrator.
- Participates in FFHC Quality Assurance, Performance Improvement program (QAPI) as requested
- Attends and/or completes all mandatory training/ in-services as assigned
- Submits required personnel file documentation in a timely manner
- Adheres to FFHC compliance and ethics expectations
- Maintains patient and family confidentiality
- Maintains professional, supportive and responsive interpersonal communication skills
- Preforms other duties as assigned
- Position is stressful in terms of meeting deadlines.
- It is primarily a desk job which essentially involves sitting, standing, stooping and walking, as well as an inordinate amount of telephone communication.
- Travel may be required, by car or airplane to local, out-of-town or state seminars, conferences or meetings.
- It requires minimal lifting of office records and printouts.
- The ability to read 12 point and larger type is required.
- One must be able to hear adequately on the telephone with no more than an amplifier and be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
Has access to all patient medical records and patient financial accounts, personnel records and Agency financial records, which may be discussed with all management staff, including the Governing Body.
- High school diploma or equivalent, BA or BS preferred.
- Preferably possesses Home Health experience.
- Should be a skilled organizer able to manage office files, log books and staff schedules.
- Must be able to execute high volume of phone calls and utilize appropriate phone etiquette.
- Cleared background screening
- The ability to read and communicate in English both verbally and in writing
- Competitive salary
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Paid time off / Sick Time
- Paid holidays
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability