Family First Homecare is a locally owned private duty nursing company specializing in providing long term solutions to individuals needing care in the privacy and comfort of their own home. At Family First Homecare we understand the importance of treating our patients AND our caregivers like family. Hiring the most skilled and compassionate caregivers in home healthcare will aid in the process of increasing the health and quality of life of our patients.
It is equally important to create a high quality of life for our caregivers. We provide this in hiring all staff as employees (not independent contractors), offering benefits and competitive wages, fully bonding and insuring all employees and recognizing them for the wonderful work that they do. Nurses, home health aides and therapists are selfless individuals who put their patient's health and comfort before all else. We recognize these tremendous individuals and create an environment where they are appreciated and valued. The pride and enthusiasm we share in quality homecare is extended to our patients enabling us all to become FAMILY. These bonds that are formed are the foundation of our company and the strengthening of this family which is our first priority! Our clients increased health, comfort and happiness will come as a result.
HHAs and CNAs are responsible for providing care in accordance with Family First Homecare policy, Aide Practice Acts, and State/ Federal regulations.
Additional responsibilities include representing Family First Homecare and its services in a competent, professional and responsive manner while maintaining standards of high-quality patient care and customer service in accordance with all state, local and federal requirements, rules and regulations.
- Is responsible and accountable for making decisions that are based on the individual's experience and educational preparation
- Provides care as assigned by the Registered Nurse on the patients Care Plan such as:
- Helps to maintain good personal hygiene and assists in maintaining a healthful safe environment
- Plans and prepares nutritious meals
- Assists the patient with ambulation as ordered by the RN
- Encourage patient independence
- Performs routine housekeeping tasks
- Reports any change in the patients mental or physical condition to the RN or the nursing supervisor
- Ensures the completion of patient care documentation in a timely manner
- Partners with other FFHC caregivers in the delivery of patient care
- Participates in FFHC Quality Assurance, Performance Improvement program (QAPI) as requested
- Continually strives to improve his/her skills
- Attends and/or completes all mandatory training/ in-services as assigned
- Submits required personnel file documentation in a timely manner
- Adheres to FFHC compliance and ethics expectations
- Maintains patient and family confidentiality
- Maintains professional, supportive and responsive interpersonal communication skills
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Certified Nursing Aide with a State issued certification OR Home Health Aide with a minimum of a 75-hour training certificate
- Current CPR
- Must prove proof of completion of an HIV/AIDS training
- Must have a clear background screening
- The ability to read and communicate in English both verbally and in writing
- Working knowledge of Aide Practice Acts
- Competitive compensation
- Medical / Dental / Vision
Job ID: 2019-1337
Post End Date: 10/21/2019