The Real Estate Analyst is responsible for developing and incorporating spatial analytics techniques into Dollar Tree's existing real estate planning and new store site selection process. The Real Estate Analyst will utilize and assist in enhancing Dollar Tree's Market Optimization and Sales Forecasting Systems to screen markets for optimal store deployment, to forecast sales for specific sites, and to perform sales transfer analysis.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Incorporate spatial analytics techniques into site selection process.
Generate sales and enterprise profitability projections for new/relocating/expanding stores for all banners via thorough analyses involving the use of sales forecasting models.
Conduct analog store comparisons.
Identify and understand significant drivers of sales
Forecast cannibalization impacts on existing stores.
Monitor competitive changes and subsequent impacts
Apply, build, and maintain regression-based sales forecast models.
Perform post audits of sales forecasts to continuously improve the forecasting process.
2. Participate in developing market optimization strategies by determining locations for new stores.
Work closely with Real Estate, Operations, Asset Protection, and Sr. Management in developing strategies to determine the optimal deployment of stores in a market, by banner.
3. Gain market/site intelligence through research and by working closely with the Real Estate Dept.
Foster a strong working relationship between the Finance and Real Estate departments.
Visit existing stores and potential new store locations to better understand the factors impacting sales.
4. Communicate timely and accurate reporting, by banner, on store growth, performance, and market factors influencing sales, highlighting key trends.
5. Prepare ad hoc real estate analyses and mapping requests for senior management.
6. Assist in supporting Real Estate in fully leveraging GIS applications through training and day to day interaction.
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Geography, Statistics, or other quantitative discipline
3+ years related experience
High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and databases
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to effectively manage large amounts of data
High level of initiative, willingness to assume responsibility, and ability to multi-task while meeting multiple deadlines
Attention to detail required
Willingness to travel (10%)
Master degree in Finance, Business, Geography, Statistics, or other quantitative discipline
Knowledge of and experience with statistical analysis and regression-based modeling
Previous experience in Site Location Research
Previous experience with ESRI, TAS, or other GIS software
Previous experience with R statistical software
Previous experience with Alteryx and Tableau
Previous experience with other advanced statistical software and analytic techniques
This is not to be considered a complete list of job duties, as they may be amended or added to as needed.