Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, sociology, or a directly-related human service field from an accredited college is required. Other Bachelor’s degrees will be accepted in combination with a minimum of five years of experience working directly with families in the child welfare system. Must possess a valid driver’s license and the ability to use private car to transport self and others, and must comply with the state policy concerning minimum car insurance coverage.
In addition to the above:
● Knowledge of child abuse and neglect, and child and adult development
● Knowledge of community resources and ability to work as a team member
● Belief in helping clients change their circumstances, not just adapt to them
● Belief in adoption as a viable means to build families
● Understanding regarding issues that are specific and unique to adoptions such as loss, mismatched expectations and flexibility, loss of familiar surroundings, customs and traditions of the child’s culture, entitlement, gratification delaying, flexible parental roles and humor
REGIONS WE WILL SERVE:
FCC will provide services to the following locations:
· Region 9: Boone, Hendricks, Montgomery, Monroe, and Putnam counties.
· Region 10: Marion County
· Region 12: Henry, Wayne, Fayette, Union and Franklin Counties
· Region 13: Brown, Greene, Lawrence, Morgan and Owen counties.