The School Based Mental Health Counselor is responsible for the provision of individual and family therapy sessions for consumers assigned to each caseload. This position also ensures completion of required clinical documentation related to individual caseloads in a timely manner.
Job Responsibilities and Qualities as a School Based Mental Health Counselor:
- Demonstrates proficiency with assessment skills
- Develops individualized treatment plans
- Provision of therapy to consumers in individually recommended setting
- Provision of treatment of the whole person
- Evaluates individualized consumer-drive treatment plan reviews
- Develops transition and discharge planning
- Completes all required clinical documentation
- Responds to emergency/crisis situations with team members and consumers
- Maintains assigned, planned schedule
- Maintains a commitment to professional development
- Adheres to professional and ethical interaction policies and procedures
- Supports on-going and future business needs
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or similar human services field
- Professional licensure required (LPC or LCSW)
- Credentialing with regional insurance companies preferred for outpatient opportunities .
Employee Benefits include competitive wages, paid travel, paid training and supervision, healthcare coverage, vacation and sick time, and personal growth opportunities.
FBR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment free from unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other status protected by local, state, or federal law.