Join our Family!
Family Allergy & Asthma has an unique opportunity with our Sleep Medicine team for a Certified Sleep Tech. This is a full-time position, Monday- Friday. Standard hours are 8am to 5pm.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
As part of the sleep medicine team, the Certified Sleep Technician contributes directly to the patient experience by providing excellent care via triaging patients by phone, assisting with DME service & equipment and ensuring that prior authorizations are received for medically necessary services.
- Obtain prior authorizations for home sleep tests, radiology & medical procedures.
- Utilize organizational and administrative skills to coordinate, track and follow-through on all processes and requests.
- Effectively communicate with team members, providers and other departments as needed to ensure successful results and provide excellent patient service.
- Follow procedures and policies to effectively track reminders in EMR system regarding prior authorizations.
- Assist Respiratory Therapists with following up with patients regarding compliance and troubleshooting machine and mask issues.
Cross-train for DME coordinator:
- Assist patients with obtaining DME equipment and accessories and resupply.
- Providing education on DME—PAP devices, masks, and accessories.
- Serving as a subject matter expert.
- Sending needed paperwork to outside DMEs.
- Receive and effectively process requests for new orders, exchange, cancellation or pick-up for durable medical equipment and/or supplies.
- Data entry: insurance, client information and medical equipment information into EMR and POS system for timely and accurate delivery and tracking.
- Perform pre-certification and/or authorization activities for all requested durable medical equipment included as contracted services that meet eligibility and benefits coverage.
- Regularly communicate with respiratory therapist to track supply inventory.
- Make a certification determination and send written authorization number to the appropriate provider and to referring physician or sender.
- Following up with patients regarding troubleshooting machine and mask issues.
- Other relevant duties as assigned by Director.
Education, Prior Work Experience, Special Skill And Knowledge Requirements:
- Certified Sleep Technician strongly preferred.
- LPN with sleep medicine or pulmonary experience will be considered.
- Certified Medical Assistant with sleep or PA experience may be considered.
- Previous Sleep experience preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years working in medical office or sleep lab.
- Medical Terminology/ICD-10/ HCPC knowledge.
- CPR certification required.
- Ability to enter data, file, maintain records electronically.
- Typing skills of 30 wpm.
- EMR experience and overall proficient computer skills.
- Experience with prior authorizations.
- Critical Thinking Skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.