Traffic Management Center Operator / Dispatcher - Pompano
- $18 to $19 Hourly
Faller, Davis & Associates is actively seeking a Full Time Traffic Management Center Dispatcher Operator for immediate employment in South Florida.
The TMC Operator role is responsible for actively monitoring Florida’s Turnpike Roadway incidents and events impacting the 498-mile statewide toll road system. A TMC Operator aggressively detects incidents; provides timely, accurate traveler information to Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise customers. TMC coordinates with first responders on safe traffic incident management to comply with Florida’s Open Roads Policy goals and objectives.
- Responsible for monitoring the Turnpike roadways and verifying Turnpike-impacting incidents via CCTV cameras, Florida Highway Patrol radio and website, along with other confirmable traffic incident information resources.
- Actively enter and maintain all incidents in SunGuide database accurately recording traffic incident status information.
- Timely dissemination of information through utilization of ITS devices (Dynamic Message Sign, Highway Advisory Radio system, Citizens Band Radio Advisory System, Public Information Displays, 511, and email alerts) to Turnpike customers.
- Inputting and activating ITS devices for FDLE approved Amber, Silver, and LEO Alerts.
- Responsible for two-way radio, email and telephone incident notification to other districts and Turnpike personnel.
- Activation and timekeeping of the Turnpike’s Rapid Incident Scene Clearance (RISC) program.
- Contact the necessary on-call personnel (Roadway Maintenance or Construction) for incident scene needs as determined by the emergency guidelines documents.
- Fill out Operations Management System (OMS) tickets accurately when Roadway Maintenance or Construction related damages or requests are made from an incident.
- Dispatching or the Turnpike Road Ranger Safety Patrol operators and monitoring the 800 MHz radio and ensure that all pertinent information is being logged in the SunGuide software.
- Tracking the Turnpike’s Safety Patrol fleet via automated vehicle location and ensuring the safety of each stop by monitoring on camera.
- Monitor the status of all ITS devices and systems and troubleshoot as necessary.
- Report device and system outages to ITS Operations Team and document in the OMS system.
- Answer after-hours facilities work order calls and document into the OMS system. Make emergency contacts as necessary for emergency facility issues.
- Real-time quality control of information being displayed on DMS, PID, and Florida 511 website.
- Answer public phone calls, which may include requests for information (toll rate, exits, etc.), or requests for Road Ranger service.
- Touring cameras regularly to detect events as allowed by the incident workload on any given shift.
- Answering phone calls and documenting SunGuide reports for ITS Maintenance contractors doing preventative maintenance and repairs to ITS field devices.
- Awareness and management of special events that impact the Turnpike roadways.
- Daily review of the shift change report and ITS help desk report.
- Attendance at monthly TMC staff meeting.
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of major local roads.
- Experience in a call center, control center or dispatch center environment.
- Ability to obtain and disseminate relevant information from a variety of resources including CCTV, scanners, field personnel, internet, two-way radio and customers.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace, high-energy environment.
- Ability to perform real-time activities, prioritize tasks and complete them within a defined period of time.
- Ability to effectively utilize a two-way radio system.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents such as TMC rules, operating procedures or other traffic related documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Turnpike employees.
This position pays $18.00 to $18.54 per hour
Our benefits include a 401K Savings Plan with a company match, health, dental, short and long term disability, and life insurance. Spouse and dependent coverage is also available. We have flexible work schedules and are an equal opportunity employer. Employment is subject to drug testing and a criminal and motor vehicle background check.
Faller, Davis & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D, a Drug Free Workplace, and an E-Verify Employer.
Visit us at www.fallerdavis.com and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Powered by JazzHR
Faller Davis & AssociatesTampa, FL
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.