Greenhouse / Nursery Worker
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Fall Creek is creating a world with better blueberries through its friendly, collaborative team spread across the globe. To help us accomplish this, we are seeking a qualified Greenhouse/Nursery Worker. This position will be located in Lowell, Oregon.
The Fall Creek Greenhouse/Nursery Worker performs a variety of duties for different departments at our Fall Creek locations. This position is responsible for following the Worker Protection Standard (WPS), the Company's safety standards, and the respectful workplace policy at all times.
What you'll do at Fall Creek:
- Production potting line rotates to different positions on assembly-type line to place plants into containers of mix, moves plants to trailers, sets pots outdoors or in greenhouses, and irrigates plants as directed.
- Propagation-places cuttings into trays and performs additional tipping as directed.
- Performs general plant care duties which includes shearing, weeding, irrigating and crop protection (scouting) of plants.
- Shipping- builds cardboard boxes, prepares plants for shipping, counts, packs, tags and places plants in boxes.
- Discards plants as directed.
- Performs inventory counts.
- May restock and store supplies.
- May perform general housekeeping and landscaping duties around the buildings.
- Performs other tasks as directed.
What you bring to Fall Creek:
- Ability to perform plant care and greenhouse/nursery tasks in the job setting.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Requires regular, reliable attendance at the place of business.
- Ability to work evenings/weekends, if needed.
- Ability to comply with biosecurity and greenhouse clean rules for plant health and crop protection.
- Ability to interact effectively within a diverse workforce.
- A valid Oregon driver’s license and the ability to maintain a valid license plus an acceptable (insurable) driving record as determined by our insurance carrier.
- Previous experience in an agricultural or nursery environment.
- Bilingual skills in English and Spanish.
Fall Creek Farm & Nursery® offers a competitive salary and benefit package which includes health, vision, and dental insurance, paid time off, company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and 401K plan. This position requires an executed confidentiality and non-solicitation agreement upon hire. Employment offers are contingent on meeting our drug testing, background, and reference check standards. EOE
Fall Creek Nursery
39318 Jasper Lowell Rd.Springfield, OR
AgricultureView all jobs at Fall Creek Nursery
Get fresh Community Care Worker jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.