Falcon IT is seeking a Storage Administrator to work in Annapolis Junction, MD. This is a full-time position supporting the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA).
*** This position requires a TS/SCI security clearance, with the ability to obtain a CI Poly***
Customer / Program Description:
The contract under which we are supporting this customer provides worldwide coverage of IT requirements and technical support services through system design, development, fielding, and sustainment of global intelligence and Command and Control (C2) assets vital to the security of the United States.
The program we are working under provides the Engineering Division of this agency’s CIO’s office with overall system design, architecture, engineering, testing plan, security accreditation and implementation documentation for core IT and Infrastructure Services. The work includes a wide array of infrastructure engineering, monitoring, management, and security services.
The Storage Administrator is responsible for Installing, operating, and maintaining network and storage appliances, and will be expected to analyze business and technical requirements from a wide range of sources and convert them into storage requirement specifications.
This position requires familiarity with concepts and technologies for Storage Area Network (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS), object-based storage, cloud storage, remote replication, data migration, hierarchical storage management, and emerging storage technologies such as 3D NAND, Erasure Coding, and non-Volatile Memory express (NVMe). Candidates for this position will be expected to develop a roadmap for future storage architecture and infrastructure.
an IAT Level II certification (e.g.: Security+, SSCP or GSEC) is required.
Candidates must meet one of the following:
- High School degree and 10 years relevant experience
- Associates Degree and 8 years
- Bachelor’s Degree and 6 years
- Masters and 4 years
- PhD and 2 years’ experience
- must have strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to meet deadlines, and have the interpersonal skills to operate effectively in a fast-moving team. They must have the necessary skills and experience to perform the following tasks.
Desired Core Skills
- Engineer solutions for:
- Storage devices and backup technologies
- Automating data share management, data access management, file share ownership, and user/group access reporting systems
- Install, operate, and maintain network and storage appliances
- Install patches and perform system updates
- Manage storage allocation, space, and replication strategies
- Analyze and resolve problems related to storage systems and network storage solutions
- Troubleshoot and restore complex storage problems across the enterprise related to replication strategies and storage strategies across wide area networks
- Recover data when required
- Provide recommendations on storage upgrades and supports project integration as required
Falcon IT & Staffing Solutions